What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 28/09/2020 at 14:12, Merkland Red said:

Was it a statement per fan?

That's rich. Cormack was never out of the news in March and April, changing his mind every day. Backing reconstruction then not. Not voting to end the league or di, or didn't or was asked not to by Doncaster, or something.... Been quiet since mind you.

Guest 8GamesToGo

By far the most tinpot thing any club possibly in history has done has to be Dundee voting to hand a title and promotion to their local rivals and at the same time cancel play-offs that could have seen themselves get promoted AND vote to demote a team with much bigger resources into their league to make it harder for them to get promoted the following season. Tinpot doesn't even begin to describe it.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

By far the most tinpot thing any club possibly in history has done has to be Dundee voting to hand a title and promotion to their local rivals and at the same time cancel play-offs that could have seen themselves get promoted AND vote to demote a team with much bigger resources into their league to make it harder for them to get promoted the following season. Tinpot doesn't even begin to describe it.

It was a political decision 

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

At least you're not still upset about it.

Guest 8GamesToGo
11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

At least you're not still upset about it.

And you wouldn't be? Look how upset people are getting over no fans allowed in or streams going down or games being abandoned or Tom English speaking.

But, demoting teams after 3/4 of a season in a pandemic into leagues that might not play - totally fine.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

And you wouldn't be? Look how upset people are getting over no fans allowed in or streams going down or games being abandoned or Tom English speaking.

But, demoting teams after 3/4 of a season in a pandemic into leagues that might not play - totally fine.

You weren't talking about 'fans allowed in or streams going down' though were we?

You are still upset about Dundee having the deciding vote in the end of the lower 3 leagues and not voting the way you wanted.

What way did Hearts vote on the decision to end the league they were in? I forget.

Minter.

26 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

You never said anything about it at the time though.

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 30/09/2020 at 08:46, coprolite said:

They're no Tennents Sixes that's for sure. 

Fair play, Aberdeen have a proud history in Europe under one great manager during a time when the OF and England didn't have the money and draw to take away all other teams' best players. Although I still think Celtic are Scotland's greatest European team for their EC win, followed by D Utd under McLean who were robbed by a referee.

So I'd put Aberdeen 3rd in the list of great Scottish European clubs.

In more recent times though (ie modern football times), what have Aberdeen done?

Hearts got to a UEFA Cup QF and were a whisker away from beating Bayern Munich to book a semifinal against Napil under Alex MacDonald. And Craig Levein made Hearts the first Scottish team to qualify for the Europa League group stages. We've had some good wins in Europe since the Ferguson days. Have you?

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You weren't talking about 'fans allowed in or streams going down' though were we?

You are still upset about Dundee having the deciding vote in the end of the lower 3 leagues and not voting the way you wanted.

What way did Hearts vote on the decision to end the league they were in? I forget.

Minter.

Dundee voted twice didn't they, in very dubious circumstances? Maybe that's what I'm annoyed about.

Tinpot though. Imagine gifting your rivals a title and stopping play-offs that could see you promoted. All because.... well no-one knows.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Dundee voted twice didn't they, in very dubious circumstances? Maybe that's what I'm annoyed about.

Tinpot though. Imagine gifting your rivals a title and stopping play-offs that could see you promoted. All because.... well no-one knows.

Still not as Tinpot as voting for your own relegation. Fud.

7 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Fair play, Aberdeen have a proud history in Europe under one great manager during a time when the OF and England didn't have the money and draw to take away all other teams' best players. Although I still think Celtic are Scotland's greatest European team for their EC win, followed by D Utd under McLean who were robbed by a referee.

In more recent times though (ie modern football times), what have Aberdeen done?

Hearts got to a UEFA Cup QF and were a whisker away from beating Bayern Munich to book a semifinal against Napil under Alex MacDonald. And Craig Levein made Hearts the first Scottish team to qualify for the Europa League group stages. We've had some good wins in Europe since the Ferguson days. Have you?

You're so cute!!

34 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I think a club pushing to get the goal difference rule brought in that then cost them the title in 86 is more tinpot.

What's even better is the team that beat them on the last day in 86 also beat them 7-1 in 65 which fucked their goal average and cost them another title.

33 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

demoting teams after 3/4 of a season in a pandemic into leagues that might not play - totally fine.

Not sure this is accurate.

I was sure you had 5 or 6 games to go or something like that?

Edited by Green Day

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Yes, thanks for asking.