What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

If I remember correctly he was criticised for his decision and the club were also fined for each post match interview he didn't give.

There was no fine for the first 6 years, until the Premier League changed the rules.

Oddly, his refusal to speak suddenly stopped later that season...

Incidentally, with the reduced number of games under the new deal, I think this will be cut to 4 games per club. It's not clear to me how this is going to work with the Edinburgh clubs (if Hearts stay up), since they couldn't show both home games v Rangers and Celtic and the derbies.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

I'm sure its 6 games for 10 of the clubs but only 4 for 2 certain clubs.

The last time we got relegated the contract said we each team needed to be on a minumum of 4 times, so a random game against Dundee was shown towards the end of the season even though we had been down for ages.

5 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

To be honest I have observed several posts from SJ fans this season giving it the big 'woe is me, we're doomed' patter, even after it became clear they'd hauled themselves clear of danger and Accies are for the chop.

They want every player binned as they're past it. The manager doesn't care. They win twice and suddenly its new deals all around and a statue.

Every. Season.

Incidentally, with the reduced number of games under the new deal, I think this will be cut to 4 games per club. It's not clear to me how this is going to work with the Edinburgh clubs (if Hearts stay up), since they couldn't show both home games v Rangers and Celtic and the derbies.
I know it makes financial sense for Sky, but it would be v nice if they changed their (and BT's) strategy of showing every fucking Celtic/Rangers away game/procession, especially if it meant we could squeeze a few more diddy teams in.

A benefit of the split is that we always get interesting bottom six games on TV.

3 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

I notice that the Caramel Wafer Cup semi between Partick and Raith is live on BBC Alba at 7:45 on Friday night with Alloa v Dundee United taking place at 7.05pm (I'm assuming live on the BBC Scotland channel?)

Would it not have made more sense to shift one of the games (probably the Cup semi) to the Saturday lunchtime slot as there's no live Premiership game on at that time?

BBC Alba only starts broadcasting at 1700 (has to show 2 hours of children's TV first midweek). The BBC Scotland channel starts it broadcasting at 1900 hence the reason for the 1905 kickoff times and finishes at about 0000 and simulcasts BBC Two the rest of the day. 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

St Mirren fans 'boycotting' Livi away and claiming it's to do with the price when the truth is they can't handle the cold :D Pretty convenient boycott when it's midweek, in the snow.

I've been boycotting Livingston for 25 years- bloody Johnny come latelys!

A fact I still can't get over was the clubs demand for 12 less games per season in the new broadcast deal. I would have wanted 12 more ffs!

No wonder Sky don't take the SPFL seriously if they say show one game per week, and very occasionally two. If they offered them 72 games (Plus playoffs) Sky might have even dedicated more resources to the SPFL hence improving the leagues stature and standing UK wide and attracting new sponsorship.

Neil Doncaster did pretty fucking well, to almost double the amount per game they were paying. Imagine with 72 games per season, the SPFL could have got £50m or so per year.