What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:
4 hours ago, Swello said:
Can't be a hypocrite - I celebrated 'Well tanking Rangers in the playoffs like it was a cup win. There may be a similar photo kicking about for that day - but all the fighting, goading, pitch invading and police horses might have put paid to that emoji4.png 

That one is entirely excusable. The whole of Scottish Football celebrated that one well, except for you know who...

Lord Voldemort?!?!

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Screenshot_20190520-121137.thumb.png.39a416fb4158d6a28bbc7b58b7531081.pngScreenshot_20190520-121153.thumb.png.a171fdd32fa479d1993b418b9db977bd.png

The 172 more fans who attended Clyde v Annan rather than a Premiership match that wasn't even meaningless.

Hi Gaz. Genuine question. 

Would you rather Falkirk were in the Premiership with a small support, or in League One with a large support?

1 hour ago, ggr said:

Hi Gaz. Genuine question. 

Would you rather Falkirk were in the Premiership with a small support, or in League One with a large support?

Would rather have a large following and be a big club.

I didn't particularly enjoy our 5 years in the SPL

18 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Would rather have a large following and be a big club.

I didn't particularly enjoy our 5 years in the SPL

Why not just pick an OF side then?

They've got really big followings and are very big clubs.

6 hours ago, Swello said:

Can't be a hypocrite - I celebrated 'Well tanking Rangers in the playoffs like it was a cup win. There may be a similar photo kicking about for that day - but all the fighting, goading, pitch invading and police horses might have put paid to that :) 

Yes but yours actually was an achievement.  It prolonged that huge unbroken run in the top flight, and of course involved a hilarious humiliating hammering of Rangers while prolonging their top flight absence.  A grateful nation rejoiced.

Ours was cause for relief, but no celebration.  In fairness though, the players were thoroughly sheepish about it.  There was none of that jumpy up and down thing.  That walloper Peter Houston was criticising it on the Radio as if it was Queens' idea.  It was obviously just one of those dopey contractual obligations with a sponsor.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes but yours actually was an achievement.  It prolonged that huge unbroken run in the top flight, and of course involved a hilarious humiliating hammering of Rangers while prolonging their top flight absence.  A grateful nation rejoiced.

Ours was cause for relief, but no celebration.  In fairness though, the players were thoroughly sheepish about it.  There was none of that jumpy up and down thing.  That walloper Peter Houston was criticising it on the Radio as if it was Queens' idea.  It was obviously just one of those dopey contractual obligations with a sponsor.

I would say that our victory over Falkirk in the 2016 Premiership playoff final made our support feel similarly - while at the time we celebrated a lot, after a short while we pretty much felt like we'd sidestepped a trapdoor opening beneath our feet given how the first leg had gone. I remember the commentators remarking that the big red sign saying "winners" should have said "not losers" and in fairness whenever the team in the division above the other team wins it probably should say that. Given our system of playoffs differs from England's, I can understand why it makes sense that their playoff winners get a trophy but ours just get a big red sign. While it'd maybe be quite nice for the winners from the league below to get a trophy, it'd just be tinpot if the team from the higher league were given one. 

On 5/8/2019 at 16:33, SaintDougie said:

Not SPFL, but this made me cringe when I saw it...

Literal Microsoft Paint banners at the recent Manchester City home game :barf

960.jpg

I've seen a fair bit of abuse on Twitter for this but I assume that Man City have banned normal flags for safety reasons (all that fire proof shite) and, instead of just stopping guys who have brought flags for years they have came up with an alternative option. 

Either that or its to ensure their sponsor boards aren't covered up and enables them to rotate between sponsors and supporter flags to make more cash (which is stupid anyway as their owners are their sponsors).

On 5/19/2019 at 11:24, Jamie_M said:

Weans on the pitch and being declared 'winners' after stinking out the league and scraping survival through the Play Offs. At least the faces of the kids show how tin pot and cringe it is to be there.

60788149_10158374051343998_5445623183883370496_o.thumb.jpg.3b3f22362bbe5de4b27645e0cd4c25eb.jpg

Totally agree.  Look at Dobbie he knows its a load of shite.  From memory they did the same when we beat Falkirk and I was extremely embarrassed.

It's a shame the Championship doesn't have "big clubs only" entry requirements. That might have kept Falkirk up despite finishing bottom.
And it's a terrible shame the SPL's "big clubs only" rule kept them out of it for a while.

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I've seen a fair bit of abuse on Twitter for this but I assume that Man City have banned normal flags for safety reasons (all that fire proof shite) and, instead of just stopping guys who have brought flags for years they have came up with an alternative option. 

Either that or its to ensure their sponsor boards aren't covered up and enables them to rotate between sponsors and supporter flags to make more cash (which is stupid anyway as their owners are their sponsors).

Totally agree.  Look at Dobbie he knows its a load of shite.  From memory they did the same when we beat Falkirk and I was extremely embarrassed.

Assume it's just so Ladbrokes can show everyone that they sponsor Scottish football. Same as the shitey Coca Cola bikes from the 90s when Aberdeen won the league cup.

Nothing will of course beat a MOTM pizza

Sponsors making players look like arseholes.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
9 minutes ago, nsr said:
It's a shame the Championship doesn't have "big clubs only" entry requirements. That might have kept Falkirk up despite finishing bottom.

And it's a terrible shame the SPL's "big clubs only" rule kept them out of it for a while.

The rule was clubs that had massive debts building stands for no reason only

Guest Moomintroll
Because I have 10 fingers, don't drag my knuckles and aren't a loser
Pedant alert, you have 8 fingers, don't give them a chance.

On 20/05/2019 at 12:15, Gaz FFC said:

Screenshot_20190520-121137.thumb.png.39a416fb4158d6a28bbc7b58b7531081.pngScreenshot_20190520-121153.thumb.png.a171fdd32fa479d1993b418b9db977bd.png

The 172 more fans who attended Clyde v Annan rather than a Premiership match that wasn't even meaningless.

An attendance of 2725 in the third tier is the opposite of tinpot you crowdwanking goon