What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Sorry misread the guys retort but he was still incorrect, We offered 2.75 million for John Mcginn apparently where as the disco lights ‘only’  cost about 2 million. We spent about 4 million in total on upgrades on CP in the summer where people assumed we lumped it all on the entertainment system but the new pitch cost well over 1 million and we replaced a lot of the old stand roof amongst other things.

For some reason the work on Parkhead in the summer came up on my you tube feed and I had a wee look at all the work done. 

Here's the video 

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Sorry misread the guys retort but he was still incorrect, We offered 2.75 million for John Mcginn apparently where as the disco lights ‘only’  cost about 2 million. We spent about 4 million in total on upgrades on CP in the summer where people assumed we lumped it all on the entertainment system but the new pitch cost well over 1 million and we replaced a lot of the old stand roof amongst other things.

Aye, but that wasn't your first offer is the point I think he is making.

By the time you offered an acceptable amount, he was halfway to Birmingham.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye, but that wasn't your first offer is the point I think he is making.

By the time you offered an acceptable amount, he was halfway to Birmingham.

Yeah as irritated as I was at the time, think this has turned out to be somewhat of a blessing in disguise. When Brown got injured I was cursing not getting Mcginn even more but seeing Mcgegor play deeper magnificently  and freeing a role further up the field for Christie has turned up trumps for us. Might not have happened if we signed Mcginn. 

Edited by gannonball

26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah as irritated as I was at the time, think this has turned out to be somewhat of a blessing in disguise. When Brown got injured I was cursing not getting Mcginn even more but seeing Mcgegor play deeper magnificently  and freeing a role further up the field for Christie has turned up trumps for us. Might not have happened if we signed Mcginn. 

It wouldn't as we would have had Christie.

The revamped Scotsport with Jim Sillycunt and had Graham Spiers playing the piano. 

I remember watching it offshore in front of a heap of Geordies and it is the most embarrassed I have ever felt as a Scottish football fan.

Can't find any clips, but found this article; https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/revamped-scotsport-should-get-back-to-what-it-did-best-1-542994/amp

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The revamped Scotsport with Jim Sillycunt and had Graham Spiers playing the piano. 

I remember watching it offshore in front of a heap of Geordies and it is the most embarrassed I have ever felt as a Scottish football fan.

Can't find any clips, but found this article; https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/revamped-scotsport-should-get-back-to-what-it-did-best-1-542994/amp

It really was horrendous.

Just the cringiest pish ever produced. It really felt like an admittance that Scottish football was an utter joke. Thank god it got emptied relatively quickly.

13 hours ago, Swello said:

I've not seen them live and no doubt they look decent when you are there - but they look shite on TV highlights. The bit where they highlight the players during the pre-match hand-shake looks for all the world like a floodlight failure at a lower league ground. Definitely a hint of tin-pottery IMO.... 

Exhibit A:

Capture.thumb.PNG.3d8573d248dbf9f5d137fe2742a5e62a.PNG

Their players doing the huddle under the green beam is even worse :lol:

Can't find a decent picture of it, only close ups which doesn't give the full effect.

The Scotsport revamp with the fans' terrace had Sarah O and Grant Stott as presenters (I think). The Delahunt and Spiers revamp was one of the many others.

I had the dubious honour of being one of the fans on the terrace on the first edition of that particular revamp.

Nah, it’s the same revamp you’re thinking of. The dream team of Sarah O, Delahunt and Julyan Sinclair (mind him?) with Spiers showing off his musical talent in the first episode.

Grant Stott didn’t show up until much later.

I could never fathom what demographic Scotsport SPL was being aimed at. It was on too late for kids. It was too cringey for the average working class football fan. What on earth made them think people wanted to see a keepy uppy competition or a hitting the crossbar challenge? 

Even OF fans (the typical lowest common denominator audience for the Scottish sports media) wouldn't have been interested in half the pish they put out.

It was like a primary school teacher woke up with a hangover, realised they hadn't done that day's lesson preparation and accidentally stumbled into the secondary school by mistake, then presented a rambling, off-the-cuff lesson on basic literacy to 16 year olds.