What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Their early to mid 90s team was a shower of utter b*****ds who were appallingly dirty and widely despised (so much so that when Andy Smith made his debut for us in a preseason friendly in 95 and broke his leg, folk cheered).

Total c***s, although I imagine much of was glorious to follow for their fans. You'd love it if your team were a bunch of dreadful hacking wankers, but also a bit hard, who routinely wound up other teams and fired in snapping challenges on a regular basis.

Scum.

strange thing is if a certain Fife team hadn't got a dodgy penalty against them* in the Semi-Final I'll bet that team of hacking b*****ds would have beaten Hibs to win the 1991 Skol Cup...

*glorious though.. heh heh.

We look forward to renewing our rivalry with Partick Thistle next season, if we don't go up...  Had some cracking games with them over the years, right enough.

That dreadful programme column wasn't even the most tinpot thing Ballantyne did, either.  There was, for instance, the time he banned a hack from some rag from coming to our ground after he wrote a sarcastic match report of a pretty awful cup game we played at, I think, Morton. 

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Their early to mid 90s team was a shower of utter b*****ds who were appallingly dirty and widely despised (so much so that when Andy Smith made his debut for us in a preseason friendly in 95 and broke his leg, folk cheered).

Total c***s, although I imagine much of was glorious to follow for their fans. You'd love it if your team were a bunch of dreadful hacking wankers, but also a bit hard, who routinely wound up other teams and fired in snapping challenges on a regular basis.

Scum.

Agreed.

11 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

We look forward to renewing our rivalry with Partick Thistle next season, if we don't go up...  Had some cracking games with them over the years, right enough.

That dreadful programme column wasn't even the most tinpot thing Ballantyne did, either.  There was, for instance, the time he banned a hack from some rag from coming to our ground after he wrote a sarcastic match report of a pretty awful cup game we played at, I think, Morton. 

The 0-0 game? That was an amazing read, I don't really see how any adult could take serious offence at that.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The 0-0 game? That was an amazing read, I don't really see how any adult could take serious offence at that.

Indeed.

I wouldn't call it an amazing read, personally - pretty by-the-numbers journo sneering, but JB spitting the dummy was more embarrassing than the game was to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Used by other tinpot outfits like Bayern Munich.

Cringe perhaps,tinpot no.

Germany has a great love for cheesy, techno disco and in that context the flashing lights fit in to their culture seamlessly.

In the East end of Glasgow, they just set off the epileptics.

Edited by killiekranky

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Used by other tinpot outfits like Bayern Munich.

Cringe perhaps,tinpot no.

I've not seen them live and no doubt they look decent when you are there - but they look shite on TV highlights. The bit where they highlight the players during the pre-match hand-shake looks for all the world like a floodlight failure at a lower league ground. Definitely a hint of tin-pottery IMO.... 

Exhibit A:

Capture.thumb.PNG.3d8573d248dbf9f5d137fe2742a5e62a.PNG

Edited by Swello

37 minutes ago, Swello said:

I've not seen them live and no doubt they look decent when you are there - but they look shite on TV highlights. The bit where they highlight the players during the pre-match hand-shake looks for all the world like a floodlight failure at a lower league ground. Definitely a hint of tin-pottery IMO.... 

Exhibit A:

They aren't even that great when you are there.

44 minutes ago, Swello said:

Exhibit A:

This exact image is what made me bring them in in this thread.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Celtic paid more for disco lights than they offered for John McGinn :lol: 

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Im pretty sure Aston villa paid more than 2 million for Mcginn.

It's as though 2 or 3 posts are missing inbetween here but that genuinely was his answer.

The Diane Abbott of P&B

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

It's as though 2 or 3 posts are missing inbetween here but that genuinely was his answer.

The Diane Abbott of P&B

Sorry misread the guys retort but he was still incorrect, We offered 2.75 million for John Mcginn apparently where as the disco lights ‘only’  cost about 2 million. We spent about 4 million in total on upgrades on CP in the summer where people assumed we lumped it all on the entertainment system but the new pitch cost well over 1 million and we replaced a lot of the old stand roof amongst other things.