What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The point being that a 5th tier English club has more money that the 2nd best Scottish club.

Yes, most Scottish clubs aren't owned by five millionaires desperate for attention, though. 

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The point being that a 5th tier English club has more money that the 2nd best Scottish club.

Sheep could have kept him. The Dons wanted shot of him, and for some time too.

We were linked with him. I think Hertz were at one point, and some other clubs.

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I don't know why this surprises anyone. the SP has no competition, the champions are known before a ball has been kicked. The quality of football is also very low. We aren't marketable, why would anyone want to invest money in it? It's no surprise at all to me that lower level leagues in England have more spending power. 

I don't know why this surprises anyone. the SP has no competition, the champions are known before a ball has been kicked. The quality of football is also very low. We aren't marketable, why would anyone want to invest money in it? It's no surprise at all to me that lower level leagues in England have more spending power. 
is there any need to knock the game up here so much? yes the champions are known before it kicks off but i disagree with "the quality of football is also very low". it may not be world class but most games not involving celtic are competitive and entertaining. the game clearly is marketable as we have seen an increase in tv revenue and sponsorship over the last few years. yes we are nowhere near what the EPL generate and never will be but id much rather watch a game up here than down there.

That is of absolutely no relevance to Adam Rooney going to Salford but you crack on anyway.

43 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Shut up, Doncaster you cockwomble.

Another fudpiece Scot-daan-saaf sticking the boot in.

image.png.26b15a3ebe2581c13caff593314a142a.png

Like RandomGuy says Jim, not every SPFL Premiership club has 5 multi-millionaires spunking several thousands a week on wages.

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

This attitude seems to permeate throughout Scottish society as a whole not only in football. Putting ourselves down and in this instance putting the game down before a ball has even been kicked in anger. This self depreciating attitude has gotten us no where and needs to change. Also i agree with folk above also, i would much rather watch matches that were competitive and evenly matched apart from one team, than watch a bigger league where six teams horse everyone else and the top 6 just play for draws against each other.  

Scottish Third Division Gretna signing players from the SPL was more embarrassing than Rooney going to money launderers Salford but of course that was a fairytale, not an embarrassment. 

Scottish Third Division Gretna signing players from the SPL was more embarrassing than Rooney going to money launderers Salford but of course that was a fairytale, not an embarrassment. 
i dont think salford are doing a thing wrong. they arent living within their means but they have owners willing to back their loses knowing that once they reach the football league the books will balance.

they arent the first club to adopt this business model and they wont be the last. just look at the amount of championship clubs down there that do it.

12 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

i dont think salford are doing a thing wrong. they arent living within their means but they have owners willing to back their loses knowing that once they reach the football league the books will balance.

they arent the first club to adopt this business model and they wont be the last. just look at the amount of championship clubs down there that do it.

Comparing Salford to the Scottish Premiership is not really a fair comparison in that sense. Not blaming Salford, but they have more money at their disposal than many clubs in the English League One, so not many Scottish clubs will be able to outspend them.

Comparing Salford to the Scottish Premiership is not really a fair comparison in that sense. Not blaming Salford, but they have more money at their disposal than many clubs in the English League One, so not many Scottish clubs will be able to outspend them.

The money at their disposal is the problem with English football, albeit they are owned by millionaires many clubs down the leagues there are and it takes the passion from the game, I’d take our dreadful quality football in a heartbeat over the prawn sandwich Salford, still has the fire and passion up here and that’s what football is about

2 hours ago, ah-dee said:

Depends on what you class as wrong. Major shareholder Peter Lim  and his 'Class of 92' chums have totally destroyed what was the well loved, local community club, Salford City, totally alienating life long fans and volunteers who didn't want to follow league football and have recreated the club in the image of Man United to fuel their own ambitions. Personally I don't class that as right.

Edited by 7-2