Montrose vs Clyde

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't at the game. Going by the highlights why did Blair Currie not get MOTM on the official Clyde website ?

Whilst Montrose had chances and Blair made two great saves he didn’t have much to do other than those two. We could/should have scored again in injury time breaking 1-on-1 form half way line but young Lamont either tired or was too busy thinking what to do next and took a heavy touch just before the box allowing the keeper to gather. Ally Love In the first half had a similar chance to the ones shown for Montrose and fail to control or just head it.

9 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Whilst Montrose had chances and Blair made two great saves he didn’t have much to do other than those two. We could/should have scored again in injury time breaking 1-on-1 form half way line but young Lamont either tired or was too busy thinking what to do next and took a heavy touch just before the box allowing the keeper to gather. Ally Love In the first half had a similar chance to the ones shown for Montrose and fail to control or just head it.

Fair enough Adolfo Rios. Wasn't there,  Can only go with the highlights.  First Links Park I've missed since we came into this league. SEEK. Good result but.

Going by the highlights we weren't just as impressive as the result suggests, even though we scored 3 really good goals.

Will take that any day of the week though, after recent results/performances. 

Nah 100% worthy winners the Mo were pish

I’m stil not convinced at all. The possession we give away to monty  and the areas they get the ball into it’s worrying as f**k/

all those early Montrose attacks we are living dangerously.

DGW, Lamont , love . Take a bow 

diving big donkey for monty goal anyway 

7 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

Going by the highlights we weren't just as impressive as the result suggests, even though we scored 3 really good goals.

Will take that any day of the week though, after recent results/performances. 

Not at the game either but stats from the game we had more chances and more chances on target than Montrose, think the highlights are a bit one sided, oh and never a penalty in a million years.

Three good goals, particularly enjoyed lamonts cracker into the top corner. On first look I wasn't sure if it was a penalty but the replay shows no contact.

Good highlights and had a laugh when he couldn't say cuddihy as well. Would take a point next week.

Thoroughly enjoyable Saturday, as I said previously went in hope and now have some belief for the remainder of the season. Good to see Moore back in the dug-out with Lennon, yes I realise that we need more in and some out to the small squad we have, however with the organisation and commitment showing on Sat then maybe we''ll climb out of the drop-zone sooner rather than later and focus on next season's assault. Great to see the celebrations from all after each 2nd half goals (yeah to some it may appear OTT but it was a long time coming and a bloody brilliant feeling)  On the game itself, yip we still look vulnerable at times, however the team fought hard for one another and gave 100% and did go in where it hurts, so huge credit to all concerned. Although Mo did have pressure and some chances I didn't feel too anxious as I have felt in the past in some games. As the game progressed then Mo made some changes introducing the chap with the huge bird poo on his napper, Callaghan and stretchering on big Templeman. Did think at the game that the Big Chap went down too easily and had concerns of tremors being felt in Stonehaven, after watching the excellent highlights my mind has not changed. Good penalty though by the sponsors man of the match Gary Fraser (you are having a laugh), way behind the eleven Clyde men of the match, special mention to Lamont, Goodie, Love, Home, Nicol in particular

Continue from this point and we may salvage something to shout about for the future......................the austerity years are over with the debt burden........lets get us off and running now............

Archived