Sign in to follow this  
Karpaty

Montrose vs Clyde

Smashing result and huge credit to the fans making the trip up there in the terrible conditions
Hope everyone gets down the road safely

fantastic result never expected that after last week well done Danny and the boys let's carry it on to next week a bit of confidence can go a long way #bullywee 

Can't believe some. Folk were taken in with all the 'we are Clyde and wee are shite patter that's been going on for weeks l

Edited by clyde_r_us

Well that performance (result too!) is why Peterhead will win the league and we won't. Granted, we had two corners well cleared (one header off the line and one very excellent save) and another excellent block on a goalbound Webby drive, but this was all final 15 minutes and by then it was far too late. 

Usual dogged performance from Clyde - niggling and pushing and time-wasting: we had no real response to that and we couldn't get in about them so they deserved those 3 points. Celebrated like they'd won the league mind you, but why not after their season so far. Couple of Clyde's goals excellently taken too, so no complaints there. 

We've done well this season to play poorly at times but get 1-0 wins. Today was not one of those days. Playoff consolidation is a must v Stirling next week but I may save my pennies after today's showing.

Why didn't anyone tell me we were going to win? Fucking raging that I missed this due to a lack of advance notice of a win.

Well done to Love and Lamont that I've slagged of this week. Credit where credits due.

Given historical precedence at Clyde, Danny Lennon should be given an extension to his contact after a good result. Here's to three more years.

41 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Excellent result, totally unexpected after last week.

Can enjoy a Saturday night for once! 

I've actually forgotten how to celebrate a win,  I know it involves some alcohol but apart from that I'm no sure!

2 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I've actually forgotten how to celebrate a win,  I know it involves some alcohol but apart from that I'm no sure!

Funny, cause losing also involves alcohol...

Great result. Hopefully this gives the team some much needed confidence. Noted a Mo fan saying we celebrated like we won the league. No wonder. Must have meant a hell of a lot to some of those players and the fans who went given the horrendous last 12 months we've suffered. What is that ? 5 or 6 league wins in a year ? At least we can enjoy tonight ! 

15 minutes ago, sydney said:

Funny, cause losing also involves alcohol...

Haha yes, very true; I might have a wee problem actually

Thought everyone played well today. Millar and Lamont need to start every week as they made a massive difference. One of the things I’d criticised in the past few months has been the lack of effort put in by some... today everyone put in a great shift. It’s just a pity that the dive from Templeman for the penalty cost us the clean sheet.

Great performance. Great win and 3 points. Now let’s just use this as a springboard to go on a winning run.