Montrose vs Clyde

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that performance (result too!) is why Peterhead will win the league and we won't. Granted, we had two corners well cleared (one header off the line and one very excellent save) and another excellent block on a goalbound Webby drive, but this was all final 15 minutes and by then it was far too late. 

Usual dogged performance from Clyde - niggling and pushing and time-wasting: we had no real response to that and we couldn't get in about them so they deserved those 3 points. Celebrated like they'd won the league mind you, but why not after their season so far. Couple of Clyde's goals excellently taken too, so no complaints there. 

We've done well this season to play poorly at times but get 1-0 wins. Today was not one of those days. Playoff consolidation is a must v Stirling next week but I may save my pennies after today's showing.

41 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Excellent result, totally unexpected after last week.

Can enjoy a Saturday night for once! 

I've actually forgotten how to celebrate a win,  I know it involves some alcohol but apart from that I'm no sure!

Great result. Hopefully this gives the team some much needed confidence. Noted a Mo fan saying we celebrated like we won the league. No wonder. Must have meant a hell of a lot to some of those players and the fans who went given the horrendous last 12 months we've suffered. What is that ? 5 or 6 league wins in a year ? At least we can enjoy tonight ! 

Thought everyone played well today. Millar and Lamont need to start every week as they made a massive difference. One of the things I’d criticised in the past few months has been the lack of effort put in by some... today everyone put in a great shift. It’s just a pity that the dive from Templeman for the penalty cost us the clean sheet.

Great performance. Great win and 3 points. Now let’s just use this as a springboard to go on a winning run.

Today’s performance was probably better than Stirling away for me. Callum Home was immense, as was our midfield (No REALLY! You are reading this right). One or two scary moments, including two great saves from Blair, but we were the better team overall and well worthy of the points.

The difference Lamont made from the start (Even taking away his unbelievable goal) was huge. We were playing football, actually passing the bloody thing and everything.

After a slowish start Goody came on to a great game. Much more like what we know he can do. The celebration at his goal was just [emoji7][emoji7]. Aaron Millar too looks like he will get better and better with more game time. He was really, really good today too. No failures basically.

Going to be a good Saturday night for a change. Came home to find that Domino’s delivered an extra free pizza. f**k. Yes.

Archived