A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

13 hours ago, Daydream said:

Whether right or wrong everybody (except a few folk on here) calls them the Rangers and Celtic ends. I’ve never in all my years heard anybody say ‘we’ve got tickets for the east/west end/terracing’ LOL

It's pathetic that our 'National' Stadium would have a 'Rangers' or 'Celtic' end. Fucking pathetic.

I know why, traditionally, these clubs used these ends when they did meet at Hampden but for these terms to be used as some sort of colloquialism just reeks of shite.

Edited by scottmcleanscontacts
Spelling

It's pathetic that our 'National' Stadium would have a 'Rangers' or 'Celtic' end. Fucking pathetic.
I know why, traditionally, these clubs used these ends when they did meet at Hampden but for these terms to be used as some sort of colloquialism just reeks of shite.

Agreed.

It’s what they’re known as though and it ain’t changing anytime soon.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:19, Daydream said:

Whether right or wrong everybody (except a few folk on here) calls them the Rangers and Celtic ends. I’ve never in all my years heard anybody say ‘we’ve got tickets for the east/west end/terracing’ LOL

I've never called it anything other than the West Stand. Surprisingly that's also what it says on the ticket.

19 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was the diabolical photo retouching done at the time for a newspaper or something?

That's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Ooft. Can't believe anyone's taken that seriously. You must be new to the joys of MS Paint. 

I've been going to Scotland games with a bunch of pals for over 10 years and we call it the West stand.

I get the feeling the rangers and Celtic end thing is slightly (maybe not by much) less of a thing compared to yesteryear.

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Some proper trackie top mash up with Gordon McQueen and a Brazilian player I cant quite place, perhaps an older poster may know, looks late 1970's to me.

IMG_20180918_162955.jpg

That Brazil tracksuit top is absolutely lovely

Nigel Spackman and Dariusz Dzeikanowski tussle at Ibrox in 1990, the bold 'Jacki' was more renowned for his shagging exploits than goalscoring in his year or so at Celtic unfortunately, although I painfully recall him scoring four goals v Partizan Belgrade that season in a 5-4 win that meant we still went out on the fucking dreaded away goals, typical Celtic of that era, he was punted off to Bristol City not long after missing an absolute fucking sitter v the **** towards the end of normal time in the 1990 League Cup final, a match we lost in extra time, many believe that was the final straw for Billy McNeil who was already losing faith and patience in the undoubtedly talented, but inconsistent and unreliable Polish striker. 

IMG_20180918_163518.jpg