A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Dave Narey and Gary Lineker competing for a header at the Nou Camp in 1987 when a second leg 2-1 win sealed a 3-1 aggregate success for Dundee United over Barcelona in their run to the UEFA Cup Final that year.
IMG_20180818_205524.jpg.02f1744bd4a504ce7d5c42739ef308f1.jpg
So hard to believe this happened now. It's just absurd. They were so good.

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Like the shirt. Clearly honours both the teams that make up ICT.

Oh no, actually it doesn't at all.

I've been harping on about this for 20 odd years; why can't the club have a blue home kit and a black and red striped away kit?  Makes perfect sense.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've been harping on about this for 20 odd years; why can't the club have a blue home kit and a black and red striped away kit?  Makes perfect sense.

I thought the Sampdoria kit would have been a good solution.

Seen this on youtube earlier.

Segment from the news on Kenny Dalglish's move from Celtic to Liverpool.

Interesting to think of Dalglish as Kevin Keegan's replacement. Obviously Liverpool fans would consider Kenny Dalglish coming into Liverpool as one of the most important events of the of the last 50 years. Kevin Keegan went on to win the Ballon D'Or in both the following two years after this, makes you wonder what could have happened had Keegan stayed and the opinion on Dalglish from Liverpool fans when Keegan is effectively the best player in Europe whilst in Hamburg.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or vice versa

Yep, swap it about every season.  Would be a unique thing IMO.

Is it true the only concession to Thistle was painting the toilets red/black?

Caley scum confirmed if true imo.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Is it true the only concession to Thistle was painting the toilets red/black?

Caley scum confirmed if true imo.

The away strip was red and white stripes, while the reserve strip was Thistle colours. Not ideal if you're of that persuasion, but there you go. Caley had 5 on the board to Thistle's 3 if I remember rightly. The other 3 were from Inverness and Nairn Enterprise. So everything was negotiated, not decided by Caley, but the rebels who wanted Caley to go it alone had an organised campaign which put a lot of pressure on the board, and even got one fan elected to the board. Only 2 Thistle players were part of the initial squad in 1994. Thistle were very much the minor partner. Harsh but true.

Remembering how tribal football is, before you go dragging out words like 'scum', imagine there was a rare chance for Falkirk to get back into the Premier, and the only way to do it was to merge with Stenny :whistle

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

The away strip was red and white stripes, while the reserve strip was Thistle colours. Not ideal if you're of that persuasion, but there you go. Caley had 5 on the board to Thistle's 3 if I remember rightly. The other 3 were from Inverness and Nairn Enterprise. So everything was negotiated, not decided by Caley, but the rebels who wanted Caley to go it alone had an organised campaign which put a lot of pressure on the board, and even got one fan elected to the board. Only 2 Thistle players were part of the initial squad in 1994. Thistle were very much the minor partner. Harsh but true.

Remembering how tribal football is, before you go dragging out words like 'scum', imagine there was a rare chance for Falkirk to get back into the Premier, and the only way to do it was to merge with Stenny :whistle

Not ideal indeed but thanks.

The scum term was tongue in cheek. I maybe mistakenly thought that was obvious. I used to go and watch Caley's Scottish Cup matches quite happily. A new club should have had a completely new badge and strip if they were not capable of making a fair representation of both. Maroon representing the heather on the hills, something like that. What they did was classless. Even if Thistle were the minor partner, CT's away strip being permanently red/black would probably be acceptable.

I think the city’s colours were black and white, mind you that was what Elgin wore :lol:  

Again, it’s easy to say it was classless, but these men were being pulled all over the place by the business side that wanted the city to be on the football map, and the Caley diehards who wanted to withhold the club’s assets, and nearly succeeded. The book ‘Against All Odds’, if you haven’t read it, is available on the ICT fans forum as a free download. It shows how near the formation of the club was to a miracle...

Amazing tune, always reminds me that of my first 'lads' holiday to Tenerife in 1994, the Caley bar down Veronicas, the DJ guy, cant remember his name but recall bizarrely he was from Dundee, he played this every night, sometimes twice [emoji38] #scenes
He is still working in the resort. Has his own bar now called The Whiskey Jar, a five minute walk from Veronicas.

There's a distinct St Johnstone flavour to the front row with  it featuring Joe Reid, John Pelosi, John Brogan and John Lambie.  We started to improve as a club when our policy of only signing players whose name began with J was done away with.