A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

11 hours ago, jamtart1972 said:

2 different games back in 1980/81 and latterly 1978/79.

Good crowd in The Cowshed for both games.  

Morton v Hearts 1981-1.jpg

tynecastle@btinternet.com_09053975-1.jpg

Morton v Hearts is the only fixture that I can recall my father opting for tickets in the stand, such was the trouble that went along with this game.

The 5-3 game in 77-78, which was a few months before I started watching Morton, is one I wish I'd seen.

Jim Leishman with Dunfermline's Hungarian midfielder Istvan Kozma, the boy was a player and a half from what I remember and ended up at Liverpool, although he didn't fare too well down there and was a bit out of his depth, Graeme Souness brought him down to Anfield not long after leaving Rangers, one of a number of disastrous signings in his ill fated spell at Liverpool, along with the likes of Jimmy Carter, David Speedie, Julian Dicks and Torben Piechnik.

FB_IMG_1673036196587.jpg

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Jim Leishman with Dunfermline's Hungarian midfielder Istvan Kozma, the boy was a player and a half from what I remember and ended up at Liverpool, although he didn't fare too well down there and was a bit out of his depth, Graeme Souness brought him down to Anfield not long after leaving Rangers, one of a number of disastrous signings in his ill fated spell at Liverpool, along with the likes of Jimmy Carter, David Speedie, Julian Dicks and Torben Piechnik.

FB_IMG_1673036196587.jpg

Nigel Spackman too,. Always rumours Aberdeen were interested in signing Kozma , would have loved him at Pittodrie 

Edited by Willie adie

On 05/01/2023 at 03:05, jamtart1972 said:

2 different games back in 1980/81 and latterly 1978/79.

Good crowd in The Cowshed for both games.  

Morton v Hearts 1981-1.jpg

Alex Hamill - Hearts player on the ground (left), my brother-in-law.

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

A few players I don’t recall. Notable omissions in Rougvie, Bell and McLeish. Too ugly for the kids sticker albums?

Yeah, a few that I haven't heard of. I'm guessing this was from late 70s?