A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

First of the photographs from the 80-81 Scottish Football League Review (mind, too big for my scanner).

It's the Bankies:

Can we have the St. Mirren pages? We had a terrible start to that season, even losing to Morton but had a brilliant final 2/3rds to finish 3rd. Plus Anglo-Scottish cup win and a crowd of over 30000 in a cup replay v Celtic.

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Nah. This is the Jim everyone remembers…no idea who this failed Bay City Rollers audition guy is…

59A104BC-80E4-409F-A039-956362EA0154.jpeg

He drinks in my local (along with fellow Bankies legends Jim Fallon and Tony Gervais) and when I showed him the hairy picture even he couldn't remember when it was taken.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He drinks in my local (along with fellow Bankies legends Jim Fallon and Tony Gervais) and when I showed him the hairy picture even he couldn't remember when it was taken.

By all accounts (both) Jims are great guys, still really passionate about resurrected Clydebank. Jim G was a fine goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

By all accounts (both) Jims are great guys, still really passionate about resurrected Clydebank. Jim G was a fine goalkeeper.

They are, always happy to talk about their playing days with the occasional (good natured) dig at me since they had a pretty decent record against St. Mirren towards the end of their careers.

Gal in particular regularly brings up a game at Love St. in the season when we won the cup. He saved a Gardner Speirs penalty and Bankies won 1-0.

14 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Pele and the Sub Club.

Fantastic - Lost Glasgow has to be one of the best Scottish twitter pages, Norry who runs it seems very sound indeed. 

Found some old issues of a late 60s/early 70s Scottish football newspaper publication at work today, will have to post them at some point in the future.

34 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Brechin City, Division 2 champions, 1982/83. Sure there are some pictures of their title clinching game against Meadowbank Thistle in 83- before the David Will stand was built.

EK-CLDpXYAAHuFF.thumb.jpg.d618b1222126013b0ae167e0bf631335.jpg

A few months after that photo was taken, I started Kirkcaldy High School and Ian Campbell was my PE teacher.

I think the resultant stress was maybe the reason for his hair starting to rapidly recede.

Glebe_Park._-_geograph.org.uk_-_43596.jpg

Edited by Specky Ginger

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

They are, always happy to talk about their playing days with the occasional (good natured) dig at me since they had a pretty decent record against St. Mirren towards the end of their careers.

Gal in particular regularly brings up a game at Love St. in the season when we won the cup. He saved a Gardner Speirs penalty and Bankies won 1-0.

Wouldn't imagine that Fallon is so keen to talk about his management days

6 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Brechin City, Division 2 champions, 1982/83. Sure there are some pictures of their title clinching game against Meadowbank Thistle in 83- before the David Will stand was built.

EK-CLDpXYAAHuFF.thumb.jpg.d618b1222126013b0ae167e0bf631335.jpg

Is the guy top left pinching the arse of the guy beside him?