A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

34 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Bobby Lennox and his wife back at Celtic Park after the 1967 European Cup final, that's roughly where the standing section is now inthe background,  what a tip the old ground was back then.

FB_IMG_1528237244670.jpg

Ha, Kathy is a lovely lady.

You're right though....surely there's building work or some sort going on there?!!

I was born in 1976 so well before my time but neither terrace behind each goal was roofed until the 1970's from looking at old pictures etc on the excellent Celtic wiki page, dont know if thats the commencement of said work there?

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Djorkaeff celebrates at Rugby Park after scoring in the UEFA cup

Image result for kilmarnock vs kaiserslautern

for Kaiserslautern, who have gone from being German champions (in 1998) and having a World Cup winner in their team to the third division in ~20 years.

Edited by JamesM82

On 19/01/2018 at 09:23, ShaggysBeard said:

A cup match (I've no idea which) between Cowdenbeath and Dunfermline in 1920. Dunfermline played in hoops between 1919 and 1921.

Referee cutting about in a suit jacket, shirt and tie with his shorts on. Proper.

This needs dredged up every so often, purely for the reference of Cowdenbeath being 'The Chicago of Fife'. 

Bobby Lennox and his wife back at Celtic Park after the 1967 European Cup final, that's roughly where the standing section is now inthe background,  what a tip the old ground was back then.
FB_IMG_1528237244670.jpg.071b47068f8e60aee1abf9431e40d46f.jpg

You wonder how many would get in for f**k all back then?

Looks like there’ll probably be some old tales of Dads paying in through the turnstiles, but having all told their laddies to go round the back, climb the trees and get a lift down over the terrace wall.

Hope so!

13 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Djorkaeff celebrates at Rugby Park after scoring in the UEFA cup

Image result for kilmarnock vs kaiserslautern

One of my favourite Killie games ever as Kaiserslautern were fantastic to watch, especially Djorkaeff. 

Remember the Killie fans applauded them off the pitch at the end, so good were they.   

Shame the position Kaiserslautern are in at present and hopefully will be able to sort out the mess they are in.  

On 5/22/2018 at 12:28, underboyleheating said:

Umbro prototype Scotland shirt for the 1978 World Cup. Different: Collar, WC badge text and arm logos.

image.png

The first Scotland strip I ever had.  

Think we're coming up to the 40th anniversary of the Netherlands game when Archie Gemmell scored to give us hope - 11th June (was a Sunday if I remember correctly). 

The late, great Jimmy Johnstone and Tommy Gemmell in the unfamiliar colours of Dundee. Im pretty sure Jinky only played half a dozen games or so for them, Gemmell played a bit more at the twilight of his career and managed them for a couple of years too.

FB_IMG_1528459071687.jpg

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

The late, great Jimmy Johnstone and Tommy Gemmell in the unfamiliar colours of Dundee. Im pretty sure Jinky only played half a dozen games or so for them, Gemmell played a bit more at the twilight of his career and managed them for a couple of years too.

Only played 3 games for Dundee. Probably made more appearances at Tommy’s pub in Errol.

6 minutes ago, The Nightfly said:

This is the one I had. It's all about the collar emoji2.png.
season-19771978-scotland-joe-jordan-bjkdwn.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I got that kit the previous Christmas, but it wasn't the World Cup one Jordan is sporting there, with short sleeves and the World Cup band round the badge.  It did have that collar though and was otherwise identical.

It was the same one they'd worn for the previous couple of years.

When they did change it, well after the World Cup, the only real change was that the white bit at the front of the neck wasn't filled in with white.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I got that kit the previous Christmas, but it wasn't the World Cup one Jordan is sporting there, with short sleeves and the World Cup band round the badge.  It did have that collar though and was otherwise identical.
It was the same one they'd worn for the previous couple of years.
When they did change it, well after the World Cup, the only real change was that the white bit at the front of the neck wasn't filled in with white.  
Was the badge like a saucer.Really thick and embroidered or the cheap transfer badge?
I remember it being the embroidered one but my memory isn't clear

51 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

Was the badge like a saucer.Really thick and embroidered or the cheap transfer badge?
I remember it being the embroidered one but my memory isn't clear

Definitely embroidered.

Are you taking the piss, or are you genuinely as deranged about such inconsequential rubbish as me?  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Nice looking kit.
thats one of my favourite kits weve ever had. im too young to have seen it on the fleah (only 30) but if anyone can point me towards a sight that sells decent replicas that would be appreciated [emoji106]