A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Henry McNeil (single 'L') was Moses' brother, and he played for Queen Park as a forward in 1875. Moses was at Rangers at that time, but it's not beyond credibility that this was him as well on the team list, as guest appearances were common in the early days of modern football.

But seeing as M. McNeil appears to be a left footer, it's maybe not him...................

And he was usually a forward.

Although he is wearing blue and white stockings...

Edited by Jacksgranda

51 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

1965 cup final, a last min goal line clearance from John Clarke has Dunfermline claiming for a penalty. 

FF86ACAE-FFBB-48DC-B7ED-D9FF1A40268E.jpeg

We should have won the Double that season. George Farm dropped Alex Ferguson for the final for some reason and he's said that due to that he's always personally told players in advance if they aren't going to be playing in the Cup final.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We should have won the Double that season. George Farm dropped Alex Ferguson for the final for some reason and he's said that due to that he's always personally told players in advance if they aren't going to be playing in the Cup final.

Hammered Celtic 5-1 in the rearranged league match played after the final.

Bittersweet revenge that.

ETA: Just looking at your results there, that home draw with St Johnstone the week before the cup final cost you the title, far superior goal difference to Killie and Hearts.

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Hammered Celtic 5-1 in the rearranged league match played after the final.

Bittersweet revenge that.

ETA: Just looking at your results there, that home draw with St Johnstone the week before the cup final cost you the title, far superior goal difference to Killie and Hearts.

The League was decided on goal average that season and had Dundfermline not dropped that point they would have won it on both goal difference and goal average calculations. 

I can remember watching the Dons losing 3-0 to Hearts on the second last day and then all the build up to the last match at Tynecastle between them and Killie, but didn't realise that Dunfermline were so close to winning it.

3 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

The League was decided on goal average that season and had Dundfermline not dropped that point they would have won it on both goal difference and goal average calculations

That's what I meant to write! :lol:

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I can remember watching the Dons losing 3-0 to Hearts on the second last day and then all the build up to the last match at Tynecastle between them and Killie, but didn't realise that Dunfermline were so close to winning it.

Unfortunately I was a month off turning 4, so sadly have no knowledge of it.  Until you posted your message today I never realised Dunfermline lost in in their 2nd last league game.  Quite sure my father has long forgotten that too as he's never mentioned it to me before.  

Edited by paul wright scores
Typo

56 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

The League was decided on goal average that season and had Dundfermline not dropped that point they would have won it on both goal difference and goal average calculations. 

Yeah but we wouldn't have been able to laugh at Hearts losing it for the last 50-odd years.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah but we wouldn't have been able to laugh at Hearts losing it for the last 50-odd years.

No, we would just have to laugh at them for the last 63 years after losing it on the last day of the 1958/59 season.

56 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Hampden, May 1963. The referee abandons a Scotland v Austria "friendly" due the visitors' indiscipline...

5df7d01d8ac9410e70afdcecced8f775.jpg

Let's hope for a similar scoreline tonight, 4-1 to Scotland!

Denis Law scoring his 2nd and Scotland’s 4th.

Match report

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=JmxAAAAAIBAJ&sjid=haMMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2069%2C1581973

150B909D-99A8-470E-9EF7-5BDDCD008943.jpeg

Edited by Eednud

10 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

No, we would just have to laugh at them for the last 63 years after losing it on the last day of the 1958/59 season.

Odd one that.

Rangers lost to Aberdeen on the last day of the season but Celtic who finished in 5th beat Hearts at Parkhead to give Rangers the title.

Both cheeks...!

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Odd one that.

Rangers lost to Aberdeen on the last day of the season but Celtic who finished in 5th beat Hearts at Parkhead to give Rangers the title.

Both cheeks...!

Aberdeen needed to win to make sure of avoiding relegation.

2 teams went in the last day on 26 points, Dunfermline and Falkirk. Aberdeen had 27, and Clyde and Raith Rovers 28 .

Results: Falkirk 2 Raith Rovers 2, Dunfermline 10 Partick Thistle 1, Rangers 1 Aberdeen 2, Kilmarnock 4 Clyde 1 

Stewart Kennedy in goal for Stenhousemuir in the early 70's. To the left of the photo is the end of the supporter's hut which housed a pie stall.  The stand, which is long demolished was apparently known as the " Doll's House" although I don't recall the locals using that term

image.png