A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

21 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Taken from a Cricket group, I had no idea Danny McGrain played Cricket back in the day.

FB_IMG_1607110728947.jpg

For some reason Danny really got around. He would buy tickets for trains and planes and end up in completely the wrong place. no one really ever worked out why.

Brings back a load of memories.

Including taking a young lady to a game v Brechin which Accies won 5-0, only time I ever sat in the new stand (being a gentleman I couldn't subject her to the terracing). 

Oddly enough, she never asked to go back. Which was a shame, as Accies beat Brechin 9-1 later in the season.

Have any other P&Bers had a disappointing romantic interlude at a lower league fixture? [emoji38]

I went to an ayr game away to Forfar with a pal (a well-respected poster on this site actually) who doubled the occasion up as a first date with a Forfar fan from our work.

Sadly ayr put in a woeful performance, but[mention=12809]stumigoo[/mention] ended up marrying the girl so not a complete waste of time!

59 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I went to an ayr game away to Forfar with a pal (a well-respected poster on this site actually) who doubled the occasion up as a first date with a Forfar fan from our work.

Sadly ayr put in a woeful performance, but[mention=12809]stumigoo[/mention] ended up marrying the girl so not a complete waste of time!

Great story 👍

Mine ended up good too. Met another lassie who I liked much better.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck with the same team though 😄

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The great Pars team of 72/73

pars.jpg

I remember watching them in winter around that time (72), wearing tracksuit bottoms under their shorts. Jim Leishman was playing, but I don't see him in that team photo.

1972 Dunfermline at Ochilview.jpg

The goalkeeper is John Arrol in both photographs.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yes I remember the Pars wore tracksuit bottoms against Motherwell at home. Must have been the season 73/74 after they were promoted. They got humped 4-2 I think. Leishman is in the photo. He has changed a bit since then. 

Right enough, that is probably him to John Arrol's right in the team photograph.