A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

16 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Too Good to go Down.

Was on BT Sport a couple of years ago, John Cooper Clarke narrates it, Morgan not the only one who didn't have a kind word to say about Tommy Docherty, his fellow Scots Denis Law and Jim McCalliog also left him without a name  

Thanks, I just couldn't remember the name although I've watched it more than once. Docherty's argument was that there was too much dead wood at Old Trafford and regardless of reputations it was time for some players to go. Despite the criticism I thought Docherty himself came across quite well.

On 03/11/2020 at 19:57, Lurkst said:

BBQBAAeCIAA1ZEP?format=jpg&name=small

In tribute to the man of many teams here is 007 with the unhooped Lisbon Lions.

Given Sean's appearance it was around the time of filming The Bowler And The Bunnet. 

ABH

I thought Sir Sean had leanings towards Dunfermline at some time !

and was known to admire " the Famous Five "

ABH

#### off. DRYHORSE you freak

Edited by ewan14

On 03/11/2020 at 09:46, Flybhoy said:

Peter Latchford collects a cross at Pittodrie as Celtic defend an Aberdeen attack in the late 1970's, Joe Harper and Andy Lynch also in the picture, can't quite make out the other players, cracking view of the unusual 'Post Box Stand' in the background. 

IMG_20201102_183957.jpg

"Peter Latchford collects a cross", pretty unusual occurrence that, mind you we don't actually see him catch the thing.

6 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Chic Brodie of Duntocher had his career ended in rather bizarre circumstances. This collision apparently caused career ending knee ligament damage. Rough.

That tackle was like watching Donald Bark or Dug Rougvie

On 20/10/2020 at 21:27, Ken Fitlike said:

Ure was one of the ‘brainy’ players.... I also recall Jim Craig and John Cushley being ‘class swots’....

Surely Quizball was the first time the phrase ‘route one’ was ever used...

Yeah, sure that’s where it comes from.

On 03/11/2020 at 09:17, Northboy said:

I can't remember what it's called but there is an often aired documentary about the decline of the Busby era Manchester United where Morgan is one of the key contributors. Morgan looks like an old bloke in drag and he's scathing in his opinion of Docherty.

Too good to go down. Worth a watch.

This thread is partly what i love about this site.
I only started going to football in the late 80s/early 90s. So it is good to see some games i had only heard about, partially brought to life with photos and memories from those who were there at the time.

On 02/11/2020 at 23:00, tamthebam said:

That looks like Jane Ross, currently with Everton, and a Scotland international. 

The Aberdeen team might have had Rachael Small in it, now Mrs Martin Boyle, and a good player in her own right.

I'm pretty sure Rachael Small was playing for Aberdeen that day A couple of others are still knocking about other levels of women's football in the north east. I'm sure that Glasgow team had at least half a dozen, if not more, internationals in it.