A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

18 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Probably already posted by Flybhoy, but this is a fairly remarkable picture, even if you can’t stand ‘ra hoops’IMG_2177.jpg

Pretty impressive ( in a bad way of course ) the fans on the roof of the stand

I remember a Scotland fan achieving this when we played england once but did not know of any other examples

7 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!

f9496e4a9442ee56486af15b1f4ae5a7.gif

I know it's not Scottish but it was an open goal.

Was about to search for that very clip after reading ewan14's comment!

At Scarborough IIRC, I think the guy was ok afterwards. 

6 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Was about to search for that very clip after reading ewan14's comment!

At Scarborough IIRC, I think the guy was ok afterwards. 

Aye, I think it was Wolves' debut in Division 4. (May have been Scarborough's also.)

On 08/09/2020 at 13:43, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've heard my dad talk about them changing the offside rules before, but not sure Clyde ever even played in the Dryborough Cup. Maybe he watched a game on telly, would the competition have been televised back then?

In season 73/74 the offside rules were changed in the LC as well .  Led to some great games eg St Mirren 4 Clyde 5  in the 1/4 Final.     http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=197310100

On 09/09/2020 at 21:50, billyg said:

In season 73/74 the offside rules were changed in the LC as well .  Led to some great games eg St Mirren 4 Clyde 5  in the 1/4 Final.     http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=197310100

This was used in the 74 / 75 League cup.  No pictures unfortunately but your dad may recall Dennis McQuade scoring a superb goal against Clyde in the sections, Great run and goal with or without the offside rule. . Thistle won the group and drew Airdrie in the quarter final. 

The league had started by then ( with normal offside rules) and by the time the quarter final was played, the Jags had completely forgotten the LC rules and Airdie hammered us 5-2 at Firhill. Good Airdie side though with Derek Mountfield, Paul Jonquin and Drew Busby.

9 minutes ago, Dubai Jag said:

This was used in the 74 / 75 League cup.  No pictures unfortunately but your dad may recall Dennis McQuade scoring a superb goal against Clyde in the sections, Great run and goal with or without the offside rule. . Thistle won the group and drew Airdrie in the quarter final. 

The league had started by then ( with normal offside rules) and by the time the quarter final was played, the Jags had completely forgotten the LC rules and Airdie hammered us 5-2 at Firhill. Good Airdie side though with Derek Mountfield, Paul Jonquin and Drew Busby.

Whiteford

On 09/09/2020 at 18:50, billyg said:

Being local to Love St I was at that game. IIRC Dom Sullivan had a good night.

Falkirk: "The Diamonds".

I seem to recall in the Falkirk centenary book, the same black and white image saying this picture was the 'thirties, while the Historical kits site lists this outfit as being'1927-29 away'. Quite a number of teams appear to have worn black shorts away from home around that time, no matter if jerseys clashed or not.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Falkirk/Falkirk.htm

FFC 1930s.jpg

Edited by Dundee Hibernian
sorting out link