A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Queens Park beat Aberdeen 5-3 on penalties after goalless draw in CIS Cup 2006 ...they were an awful team around then

I was at this one and the Stenhousemuir game [emoji30]
Before you tag me as a jinx I was also at some games we won too!

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Won't say too much about Aberdeen being poor in 1995, since Dundee United were relegated and also beaten by Stenhousemuir that same year.

482661499_Feb1995Ochilview.thumb.jpg.9fda71f30c8c4df2650c9e5cc7d37320.jpg

The Warriors two goals in their victory were both scored by Tommy Steele, who I was told by a SFC fan could turn on 'Half a Sixpence'.

Could be a young @Francesc Fabregas in the green bomber jacket.

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Aberdeen were shite that year. There have been plenty ocassions where Premier Divison teams were knocked out by lower league outfits.

This only seemed big at the time as people were still labouring under the illusion Aberdeen were any good. It's no more a shock than Annan beating Accies 

Never mind Eoin Jess, is that Adrian Sprott on the left? He played for Stenny after leaving Meadowbank.

2 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Still revered as Dundee's greatest manager although when he applied for the Dens job so did younger brother Bill. God knows what would have happened if the Dundee Board appointed Bill instead of Bob!!

IIRC Craig Brown and Terry Christie were at Dundee at around the time Bob Shankley was manager. I wonder if they learned anything from him as manager ..

Most cup upsets, the wee team wins by a single goal, typically with a mix of dogged defending, inspired goalkeeping, missed sitters and a breakaway winner against the run of play. As @Monkey Tennis said, that's why the Thistle result was so astonishing, they demolished a very good Celtic side.

7 hours ago, Ceasar said:

Drew Busby in the best Jambos kit produced

DB.jpg

Classic 70s answers from hard man Drew Busby.

Likes roast beef (it's usually steak and chips so fair play), Wings and Morecambe & Wise.

Nice kit too.

Hopefully Drew Jarvie answered "Drew Busby" to the best friend question.

Any more of these?

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Classic 70s answers from hard man Drew Busby.

Not to mention preferred alternative career as a publican.

I was struck by the thought after reading that, was he the last former Third Lanark player to play in the Scottish league?

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Not to mention preferred alternative career as a publican.

I was struck by the thought after reading that, was he the last former Third Lanark player to play in the Scottish league?

Possibly. One who maybe comes close is Evan Williams who played 1 game for Stranraer in 75-76 season.

Interesting responses.

Iain Munro likes Glenda Jackson whereas Tommy is a man after my own heart by going for Victoria Principal (if you want to google her, include "1970s" in the search, it gets a bit scary later on).

Best sense of humour: Robert Prytz claiming to be 11st. And nominating John McLelland in his all-time best eleven.