A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

8 minutes ago, Northboy said:

That was my thought too - it seems a very high quality image considering when it was probably taken.

I'm guessing it was taken straight from the photographer's personal collection. Obviously some folks are seething at the thought of 10 in a row.

9 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Behind the goals at Dens. I was in this at the Hibs Aberdeen semi final in 1986 and have no recollection of it being this big. It looks enormous here. IMG-20200713-WA0013.jpeg

Had a carry out a few times in there before the seats went in. Think both League Cup Finals United won there, there were no seats, and I'm unsure about the league winning match in 1983.

Coincidentally, today the official Dundee site used the picture below to report on the events around their ground record crowd of over 43,000 in 1953.

Dens-Park-1953-2.thumb.jpg.d689d2faeb58208e9c9d451bbb5d8405.jpg

9 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Behind the goals at Dens. I was in this at the Hibs Aberdeen semi final in 1986 and have no recollection of it being this big. It looks enormous here. IMG-20200713-WA0013.jpeg

As soon as I was old enough to go with my mates I moved to the south Enclosure. My auld man always stood on the ' Provie' (Provost Road end). I can see the exact spot where him and his mates stood on this photo although for the first 14 years I went to Dens it was terracing. Fantastic view from the top of that end and great atmosphere when busy

Just now, ScottyDee1893 said:

As soon as I was old enough to go with my mates I moved to the south Enclosure. My auld man always stood on the ' Provie' (Provost Road end). I can see the exact spot where him and his mates stood on this photo although for the first 14 years I went to Dens it was terracing. Fantastic view from the top of that end and great atmosphere when busy

Scotty, can you remember what year they put the seats in? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

1 and only time in that end was 5-1 game in 1980, don’t know if any Dundee fans will remember it, don’t think there were seats in it that day.

Nae seats in the midweek game there about a fortnight later that Celtic won 2-0 and saw Dundee relegated.

14 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

1 and only time in that end was 5-1 game in 1980, don’t know if any Dundee fans will remember it, don’t think there were seats in it that day.

That game's on Youtube.

No sign of benches.  Both ends seem to be largely filled with Celtic fans.

58 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_0752.jpg

On 1st viewing I assumed it was from the 90’s, unreal the bullshit we had to swallow back then, but it’s from Jan 2013.

That seems unlikely, given Rangers entered administration in February 2012.

On 15/07/2020 at 23:06, Dundee Hibernian said:

Scotty, can you remember what year they put the seats in? Thanks.

Simon Inglis "Football Grounds of Great Britain"- the entry on Dens Park reads "in 1982-83 some £350,000 was spent on seating the South and West terraces".

350k at 1983 prices for some benches?! It wasn't Ann Budge's relative that got that contract was it?!

14 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_0752.thumb.jpg.e97c88fe21f43b7747c4cb9de12da6f1.jpg

On 1st viewing I assumed it was from the 90’s, unreal the bullshit we had to swallow back then, but it’s from 13 Jan 2008

Can just imagine the jet set saying to themselves “F*ck it, let’s not go to Hawaii/Bali/Barbados etc , let’s have a week in Govan”