A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 02/07/2020 at 14:01, Academically Deficient said:

Hi ma'am. I understand you gotta problem witcha washing machine/tv/air con unit?

20200702_125921.jpg

Former Scotland U-21 international Rikki Ferguson in case anyone was wondering.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rikki_Ferguson

Very much a fixture in the Accies team until John Lambie decided he wasn't quite up to playing in the premier league and brought in Dave McKellar. 

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Very much a fixture in the Accies team until John Lambie decided he wasn't quite up to playing in the premier league and brought in Dave McKellar. 

I should have mentioned who it was.

From memory, Lambie basically discarded most of the team that won promotion and replaced them with inferior players. I think we got a striker from Forfar (mullet & 'tache) who was particularly poor.

First game of the season, in the Premier League, being outclassed by Clydebank (I think) and the first shout of "Resign Lambie" was heard at halftime. 

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

I should have mentioned who it was.

From memory, Lambie basically discarded most of the team that won promotion and replaced them with inferior players. I think we got a striker from Forfar (mullet & 'tache) who was particularly poor.

First game of the season, in the Premier League, being outclassed by Clydebank (I think) and the first shout of "Resign Lambie" was heard at halftime. 

I may be wrong but are you thinking of Joe Reid here?

I remember him from his time at Stirling Albion a couple years later, when manager at Annfield, John Brogan signed a rake of ex team mates and I know Joe played with Accies around then, he had a quite magnificent moustache and mullet combination back then, not sure if he played for Forfar but he certainly to me at least, sounds like the player you could be describing here?

51PDTKFN9wL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Edited by Flybhoy

.... that was easier than I thought. Yes, Joe Reid is correct, although looking at the team lines for that season, he wasn't the worst. 6 league appearances, 0 goals. 

Attendance for the game v Clydebank was 2,178. Be delighted with that now!

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling

Jim Liddle went to Meadowbank. I don't think he set the heather on fire. I must have seen him play but remember very little about him. 

Oddly enough he went to a Belgian club after a couple of months non achievement with Thistle 

17 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I may be wrong but are you thinking of Joe Reid here?

I remember him from his time at Stirling Albion a couple years later, when manager at Annfield, John Brogan signed a rake of ex team mates and I know Joe played with Accies around then, he had a quite magnificent moustache and mullet combination back then, not sure if he played for Forfar but he certainly to me at least, sounds like the player you could be describing here?

51PDTKFN9wL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I wouldn't call that moustache particularly magnificent...

OK so perhaps not as relevant but id like to add this little diity from my past.

I have always been a Dundee Utd Fan despite living in the west coast in my younger years but I always remember being at the game for Celtic v Nottingham Forest in 1983/84 UEFA Cup at Celtic Park. What an atmosphere - Celtic came away from the first leg with a 0-0 draw and expectation in Glasgow was high. Must have been 66,000 at least in the ground and I was there in the away end. Remember the Tennants girls doing a trackside promo. To me the best memory was when Cloughie came on the pitch to acknowledge the Stadium crowd before KO. What a legend.

On 10/07/2020 at 23:00, Flybhoy said:

Bobby Lennox heads home a goal for Celtic in a 3-2 Scottish Cup win v Kilmarnock at Celtic Park in the Shamrock away kit, back in the days when the home side changed kits in instances of a clash, although Kilmarnock appear to be wearing an all blue kit here?

IMG_20200710_225745.jpg

On 11/07/2020 at 18:49, Arch Stanton said:

Is the Celtic player in the middle of the picture wearing a bucket hat?

Presumably it's Killie goalie Campbell Forsyth, who a few years later became the only keeper to concede a goal scored by Peter Shilton. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Joey Ramone at the back.

Francis Rossi to the right of him as well.

When I saw The Ramones at Barrolands, Joey's only audience interaction was to say the immortal words "Gee. It's great to be back here in.....Scatlaaaaand! Take it Dee Dee".

He was clearly referring to this previous trip to Annfield.