Mon Dieu

A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

It was Bobby Ford that scored the first goal of the new Premier League after a couple of minutes. I was actually at that match.

Apologies. I had a vague memory of it from a match programme from about 25 years ago :lol:

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was Bobby Ford that scored the first goal of the new Premier League after a couple of minutes. I was actually at that match.

In 1998 Whitehill Welfare had scooshed the East of Scotland League (as they did in those days) and were resting players ahead of a midweek cup final. This led to 50 year old Whitehill manager Mike Lawson and 48 year old assistant manager  Bobby Ford taking to the field against Edinburgh City- they didn't disgrace themselves although City won 3-1. 

3 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm sure I've read (probably on here) that the reason behind Motherwell's choice of colours was to avoid the need for an away strip. Cheap b*****ds. 

Also, I never realised BBC snooker presenter Rob Walker was that old. Or played professional football.

Image result for rob walker bbc presenter

Uncanny.

"In 1886 two local teams Glencairn FC and Alpha joined forces to form Motherwell F.C. The new team played in blue until in 1913 the famous claret and amber colours were worn for the first time. It is thought that they were chosen to mark out the team as distinct from the many other Scottish clubs who wore blue and were taken from the colours of Bradford City who had won the F.A. Cup in 1911. City’s colours came from their rugby playing predecessors Manningham FC who switched codes to play Association Football in 1903. Manningham had played in claret and amber hoops since the 1880s and may have taken their colours from the colours of The Prince of Wales’ Own West Yorkshire Regiment (who fought against the Jacobites in the 1715 rising and at the Battles of Falkirk and Culloden in 1745...). A more romantic explanation for the adoption of the colours was that these were the racing colours of local landowner Baron Hamilton of Dalzell but the Bradford City connection seems more likely."

from some twat's article* in an Edinburgh City v Motherwell programme.

Motherwell effectivly stole their colours from egg chasers! 

(*the twat being me!)

5a8778263ec74_camvstar13May20152.thumb.jpg.2812dfde9cb61c7eb337540dfad81fb6.jpg

Camelon v Newtongrange Star, May 2015. Referee Lorraine Clark and Assistants Hayley Irvine and Kylie McMullan take to the field. I believe this was the first time a men's match in Scotland had all-women officials. 

Lorraine Clark has refereed in SPFL Division 2 this season and Kylie McMullen is a regular Assistant Referee in the Premier Division. 

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_0344.jpg

That's brilliantly delusional. Why didn't Dalglish take the job at Snake Mountain....

That's brilliantly delusional. Why didn't Dalglish take the job at Snake Mountain....

He did, he was ‘international talent scout’. Think his only major signing was Seb Rozental, who was not on the list, but he left to manage Newcastle. ☹️

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

5a8778263ec74_camvstar13May20152.thumb.jpg.2812dfde9cb61c7eb337540dfad81fb6.jpg

Camelon v Newtongrange Star, May 2015. Referee Lorraine Clark and Assistants Hayley Irvine and Kylie McMullan take to the field. I believe this was the first time a men's match in Scotland had all-women officials. 

Lorraine Clark has refereed in SPFL Division 2 this season and Kylie McMullen is a regular Assistant Referee in the Premier Division. 

Wid×3

Who the f**k is Sean Dundee? 

App he was a Karlsruhe defender but according to my extensive research he signed for Liverpool as a striker as cover for Robbie fowler. Hope that clears it up.

He was a fairly prolific striker in Germany who ended up at Liverpool, played 2 games then fucked off back to Germany again. He also had a game for the Sega Megadrive or something named after him before he moved to Germany.

Just now, Aidan said:

He was a fairly prolific striker in Germany who ended up at Liverpool, played 2 games then fucked off back to Germany again. He also had a game for the Sega Megadrive or something named after him before he moved to Germany.

Cheers, never heard of him in my life, just seems totally out of place in that article :lol:

Cheers, never heard of him in my life, just seems totally out of place in that article

He pops up regularly on those world's worst Premiership players type shows that are normally on Sky 1. I'm assuming he was quite well known at the time if he had his name and face plastered all over a football game.

An annoying c**t who, whenever you fired "Dundee Shirt" into e-bay's search engine in the hope of picking up a rare umbro top from the mid eighties, resulted in you getting 27 results for fucking German club shirts.

He was also fucking shite.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He pops up regularly on those world's worst Premiership players type shows that are normally on Sky 1. I'm assuming he was quite well known at the time if he had his name and face plastered all over a football game.

He was very well known at the time.

Also seemed to be linked with Rangers or Celtic every single summer/transfer window.