A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

19 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It is yes. John Brogan in the suit. Ex Bairns Jim Kerr and Stuart Robertson in there.

Brogan also in the St Johnstone pic from... 1982 or 83?

It'll be 1983. St Johnstone won the First Division that year with Hearts as runners-up. Three years later Hearts almost won the league and St Johnstone were skulking about the Second Division.

9 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

PAFqUbPkkSq8bT8pG2TNu4PxJBagdodw1pj01dkc

Legendary Glasgow ref Tom "Tiny" Wharton gives Alan Ball a stern word at Ninian Park, Wales v England 1970.

Wharton refereed a game a mate of mine played in. He gave a corner that should've been a goal kick. My mate approached and politely protested. Mr Wharton replied. " Do you think I've come all this way to change my mind son? "

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Wharton refereed a game a mate of mine played in. He gave a corner that should've been a goal kick. My mate approached and politely protested. Mr Wharton replied. " Do you think I've come all this way to change my mind son? "

A mate of mine played for Alloa. Tiny gave a goal when it was questionable if the ball crossed the line and he protested "that's never a goal ref". Tiny says "Aye it was son, you'll read about it in the Sunday Post tomorrow".

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

PAFqUbPkkSq8bT8pG2TNu4PxJBagdodw1pj01dkc

Legendary Glasgow ref Tom "Tiny" Wharton gives Alan Ball a stern word at Ninian Park, Wales v England 1970.

Tiny: "If you keep replying to me in that ridiculous squeaky voice I'll book you for dissent..."

Ball: "But...."

On 14/05/2020 at 21:06, Drew Brees said:

My mate posted some old pics on his fb, not sure about 1st one, might be Stirling Albion.

IMG_9981.jpgIMG_9982.jpgIMG_9983.jpg

The Albion line up is from them getting the second division championship trophy in 1991 before a game v East Stirlingshire, a 4-0 win, I was at that game. 

Back row, Graham Hay, Jim Kerr, Ian McInnes, Joe Reid, Bobby McConville, John McGachie, Vinnie Moore, Mark McGeown, Davie Shanks, Davie Lloyd, Colin Mitchell. 

Front row Dougie Lawrie, John Brogan, Tam Mackison the kitman, Tom O'Neill, Stuart Robertson, Jimmy Sinclair and physio George Cameron

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

The Albion line up is from them getting the second division championship trophy in 1991 before a game v East Stirlingshire, a 4-0 win, I was at that game. 

Back row, Graham Hay, Jim Kerr, Ian McInnes, Joe Reid, Bobby McConville, John McGachie, Vinnie Moore, Mark McGeown, Davie Shanks, Davie Lloyd, Colin Mitchell. 

Front row Dougie Lawrie, John Brogan, Tam Mackison the kitman, Tom O'Neill, Stuart Robertson, Jimmy Sinclair and physio George Cameron

Thanks for saving me racking my brain with so many ex Airdrie players there- Dougie Lawrie/JimKerr/Vinnie Moore/Mark MCGeown and I think Colin Mitchell. I think Dougie Lawrie played for British University team in some competition?  Great photo

Bit of a cheat as it’s moving pictures and the only things Scottish are the venue, the referee, probably the linesmen, the ballboys, the polis and the majority of the 127,621 crowd. On this day in 1960 Real Madrid won the European Cup for the fifth time in a row defeating Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3. 

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

Bit of a cheat as it’s moving pictures and the only things Scottish are the venue, the referee, probably the linesmen, the ballboys, the polis and the majority of the 127,621 crowd. On this day in 1960 Real Madrid won the European Cup for the fifth time in a row defeating Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3. 

60 years ago today!

There's some great photos from the occasion too. Here Alfredo is wondering what happened to their bagpipes...

1960-european-cup-final-di-stefano-await

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

Am I missing something or is that one of the worst penalty decisions of all time? 😂

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Am I missing something or is that one of the worst penalty decisions of all time? 😂

Was Jack Mowat's final game in charge, probably wanted to point to the spot one last time.

9 hours ago, Eednud said:

Scoring first only annoyed them.