A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

c45613cc51b458a5bb4c7d1885b52354.jpg

Tam Forsyth and Joe Jordan chase for the brand new Tango ball in John Greig's testimonial in April 1978.

The match ended with a foreboding scoreline for the upcoming World Cup, with Rangers beating the Scotland XI by 5 nil.

Quite a crowd that day...

B8o4cPlCcAAQ2li.jpg

Edited by Lurkst

14 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

c45613cc51b458a5bb4c7d1885b52354.jpg

Tam Forsyth and Joe Jordan chase for the brand new Tango ball in John Greig's testimonial in April 1978.

The match ended with a foreboding scoreline for the upcoming World Cup, with Rangers beating the Scotland XI by 5 nil.

Quite a crowd that day...

B8o4cPlCcAAQ2li.jpg

60,000?

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Correct

Scotland schoolboys, with 13yr old McStay, v England

IMG_9658.jpg

It's interesting that you have recognisable names in the Scotland team-Hewitt, Malpas,  ?Gardner Spiers, ?Iain Ferguson, ?Jim McIntyre, ?Johnny Doyle and only Tommy Caton and Terry Gibson are really recognisable in England's team.

I keep thinking that's Bonnyrigg's old player Jock Landells at No 5 but probably not!

It's interesting that you have recognisable names in the Scotland team-Hewitt, Malpas,  ?Gardner Spiers, ?Iain Ferguson, ?Jim McIntyre, ?Johnny Doyle and only Tommy Caton and Terry Gibson are really recognisable in England's team.
I keep thinking that's Bonnyrigg's old player Jock Landells at No 5 but probably not!

It def not that Johnny Doyle. This game was about 1977, Doyle would’ve been late 20’s.

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Scotland schoolboys, with 13yr old McStay, v England

IMG_9658.jpg

Remember McStay from the famous televised game at Wembley but I'd no idea he was in the schoolboy team at such a young age.

IMG_20200419_164148219.thumb.jpg.1f6e8da2b63320cd1665752f37945ac3.jpg

Nicked from an old Hibs v St Mirren programme: Scottish Cup Semi Final at Tynecastle in 1914, Saints keeper has just been beaten by a Hibs player.

The programme says the stand in those days was on the Wheatfield side of Tynecastle- I'm sure one of our Jambo readers can confirm this.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

IMG_20200419_164148219.thumb.jpg.1f6e8da2b63320cd1665752f37945ac3.jpg

Nicked from an old Hibs v St Mirren programme: Scottish Cup Semi Final at Tynecastle in 1914, Saints keeper has just been beaten by a Hibs player.

The programme says the stand in those days was on the Wheatfield side of Tynecastle- I'm sure one of our Jambo readers can confirm this.

No idea, but I did find a photo of it...

1538993264img2053.jpeg