Mon Dieu

A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 27/01/2020 at 21:52, ewan14 said:

Dundee Utd. or Morton ?

Morton , of course. 2-1 at Cappielow with a last minute winner 

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

Morton , of course. 2-1 at Cappielow with a last minute winner 

The only time that I can remember being at Cappielow and seeing Aberdeen win was a Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay in March 1978. Even then, because of train problems I only saw the last 15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The only time that I can remember being at Cappielow and seeing Aberdeen win was a Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay in March 1978. Even then, because of train problems I only saw the last 15 minutes.

I was at the first game at Pittodrie. We were 2-nil up and cruising with about two minutes to go , but ended up drawing 2-2. McGhee scored one of their goals I think. Apart fae Andy Ritchie , the thing I remember most about Morton fae that era is Jim Tolmie’s mental hair. 

4 minutes ago, A96 said:

I was at the first game at Pittodrie. We were 2-nil up and cruising with about two minutes to go , but ended up drawing 2-2. McGhee scored one of their goals I think. Apart fae Andy Ritchie , the thing I remember most about Morton fae that era is Jim Tolmie’s mental hair. 

I remember Andy Ritchie and the shipyards beside Capplielow.

Match details:20200129_231745.jpg

On 25/01/2020 at 16:36, Drew Brees said:

Jimmy Johnstone in action in what looks like a pre season friendly in a junior/amateur ground. I’m sure someone will know the details.

IMG_8370.jpg

On 25/01/2020 at 20:03, Pet Jeden said:

Look at the physique of that defender! You can understand how they might just have underestimated Celtic - with wee Jimmy Johnstone, podgy Bobby Murdoch and bandy Bobby Lennox

Exactly, so much so that Inter thought they could  play an arm-less goalkeeper....

11 hours ago, Hammerheid said:

Exactly, so much so that Inter thought they could  play an arm-less goalkeeper....

Is it not just that he has no sleeves?

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is it not just that he has no sleeves?

Possibly.... he's actually holding the ball, his arms are camouflaged as trees...😊

Stand being constructed at East End Park.

Dunfermline-East-End-Park-1962.thumb.jpeg.7b2a7952a7a4f0e2e9e01b1bf7006053.jpeg

Aerial view three year later, 1965: can't recall that small enclosure behind the  east goal.

1267288898_EastEndPark1965(2).jpg.e8542a090be2161e17c9f610cdce0b72.jpg

Yet here it is, with three Pars in training: that's Dan McLindon, who later played a few years at Thistle, on the left.

693063073_EEP1962EastEndPark(2).jpg.b88f522ea99dd6bc32b9645be8803d47.jpg

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

Current disgruntlement levels at Pittodrie are still short of the boo-boy bedlam of the Arbroath game where the news of Joey's exit became known... Screenshot_20200210_133855_com.facebook.katana.jpeg

Two from 1905:

1058645840_EastStirlingshireFCatMerchistonParkc_1905.thumb.jpg.9d918ecd1534f0d25e5e47761cd56c2d.jpg

East Stirlingshire playing at Merchiston Park, Bainsford, which was on the north side of the Forth and Clyde Canal. The gasometer in the photograph was between Bainsford Bridge and Castlelaurie Iron Works.

11096763_FalkirkFootballClubplayingatBrockvillec_1905.thumb.jpg.5ae51cd23b97ed16f85faf829a1e3a4c.jpg

Brockville in 1905, the building with the Younger's advert will be recognisable to Falkirk fans.

1850716144_FalkirkvEastStirlingshire1959.thumb.jpg.fbf7e58a44fc3d1a0d535501193ea261.jpg

The same building is to the right of this photograph, from a 1959 local derby, Falkirk v East Stirlingshire. 

On 10/02/2020 at 13:47, Ken Fitlike said:

Current disgruntlement levels at Pittodrie are still short of the boo-boy bedlam of the Arbroath game where the news of Joey's exit became known... Screenshot_20200210_133855_com.facebook.katana.jpeg

I remember it well. I was in the Paddock that day, and because we had no way of actually knowing what had happened, if I remember correctly, it was all just rumours going round the ground until I found out for sure going home in the car after the match.

15 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

0_swr_ayp_030919game6.jpg

That's David Stewart in goal, who went on to play down south for Leeds and Swansea. 

But what's the story with the rocket lying on the side of the pitch?

44 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That's David Stewart in goal, who went on to play down south for Leeds and Swansea. 

But what's the story with the rocket lying on the side of the pitch?

Kids/ youths had to sit on the perimeter track in front of the wall.  

13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That one in the picture is a wee bit old to be a youth, and doesn't appear to be sitting.

Obviously a hard paper round involved in the story

24 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

IMG_1471.jpg

Central Park, Cowdenbeath 1962...

Pic credit to Facebook Group ‘Old Scottish Football Pictures’

Great picture! Think it's maybe 1959, at least the similar picture I have is dated from then.