A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

12 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:
Dundee derby action from Dens Park in the 1980's. 
Eamonn Bannon closes down Bomber Broon while Jim Duffy looks on, the name of the Dundee player with the moustache behind Brown escapes me but, an educated guess is it Vince Mennie?
FB_IMG_1575699612269.thumb.jpg.1d0ddb3dda31b30049727cc271b7989b.jpg

That looks a bit like Tynecastle to me, pillars painted maroon etc. They played each other there in a semi in 1987.

Boom, spot on. 

United won that semi  final 3-2 the season they got to the UEFA Cup final and lost that and the Scottish Cup final in the same week. 

Paul Hegarty scored the United winner. 

On 07/12/2019 at 09:02, Flybhoy said:

Boom, spot on. 

United won that semi  final 3-2 the season they got to the UEFA Cup final and lost that and the Scottish Cup final in the same week. 

Paul Hegarty scored the United winner. 

Indeed.

I was at that game, and it fell between the legs of United's semi final with Borrussia Monchengladbach.

I've got a lot of old football magazines, but not this one from the mid-nineties. Note the reference to 'Sour Rangers'

I have it, has a different cover though, bought it in england in a service station on the way back from PSG V Celtic game in 95. 88475347_15762685709492.thumb.jpeg.f2cbc327d8a5b78d9a6d4a70522259a7.jpeg 

IMG_8066.jpgIMG_8064.jpgIMG_8065.jpgIMG_8067.jpgIMG_8068.jpgIMG_8069.jpg

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Total Football was a good read. I think that FourFourTwo started to get bigger "name" interviews etc and eventually they merged although it was essentially a take over and it was "FourFourTwo incorporating Total Football" for around a season before that line was dropped.

I really enjoyed it.

Fourfourtwo is so po-faced these days I only ever buy the season preview one that comes out in the 1st week of August. (I always time it right to pick up mine in Bowmore Co-op after getting off the ferry on holiday !😄)

Ther was another one called Goal around that time too. I think #1 had Andrew Cole on the cover.

15 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

I have it, has a different cover though, bought it in england in a service station on the way back from PSG V Celtic game in 95. 88475347_15762685709492.thumb.jpeg.f2cbc327d8a5b78d9a6d4a70522259a7.jpeg 

IMG_8066.jpgIMG_8064.jpgIMG_8065.jpgIMG_8067.jpgIMG_8068.jpgIMG_8069.jpg

Is there any chance that Stuart Campbell could be the utter mentalist behind Wings?

Bobby Lennox in blue and white hoops for a change!

ELq0RdLWoAEROME?format=jpg&name=small

Back row: Beattie, Watson, Morrison, McFadzean, McInally, Stewart, Murray, Hamilton, McCrae

Front row: Cook, Muir, Sneddon, Lennox, McLaughlan, King, McLean. 

According to Ray Montgomerie this was from a 1984 charity game where a Killie select of "vintage" players played against a Strathclyde fire service team, with Killie winning 5-2. Morrison and Muir scored for Killie with Bobby Lennox adding a hat-trick to round off the scoring. 

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Fans at Parkhead for the 1921 cup final. 

FB_IMG_1576413132731.thumb.jpg.e89a12ce08a2175b5c3960c7373504b9.jpg

It might seem like a sparse crowd for a final - the attendance was recorded as 28,294. A couple of reasons as to why this might have been are that in addition to a miners strike going on at the time, the final was dubbed the boycott final as the SFA raised the admission price from 1 shilling to 2 shillings. Unsure why it was held at Celtic Park instead of Hampden, perhaps the SFA didn't want the huge Hampden terraces to seem sparse so held it at a stadium with a smaller capacity. 

From partickthistlehistory, here's the match report by Willie Maley:

GW1187H1933