A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 15/11/2019 at 13:45, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't favour posting too many pictures of the team I support, but here's another, of United's squad prior to a pre-season match at Clachnacuddin.  

The picture is (I think) from Steve Finnan's book "It’s A Team Game: Scotland’s Football Club Line-Ups in the Black & White Era".

Most of these team groups would be taken in July/August, and I've also attached a Clyde group from 1962 and a Forfar Athletic squad, 1988, same book.

See the wee face looking through between Hamish McAlpine and Doug Smith....... it isn't, but it looks like Paul Sturrock. 

Dundee-United-74-75.jpg

Clyde-FC-1962.jpg

Forfar-Athletic-FC-1988.jpg

The one and only Willie Broon in that Forfar line up- front row third from right.

Edited by tamthebam
Spell check changed Broon to Broom, Willie wasn't a sweeper!

Celtic 3 Hibernian 0, 2001 Scottish Cup Final, both sides in their away strips on a baking hot day as Martin O'Neill's first season at Celtic ends with a treble, Henrik Larsson with a free kick which was unsuccessful here but he managed two goals anyway to add to the opener from Jackie McNamara. 

FB_IMG_1574012146061.jpg

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic 3 Hibernian 0, 2001 Scottish Cup Final, both sides in their away strips on a baking hot day as Martin O'Neill's first season at Celtic ends with a treble, Henrik Larsson with a free kick which was unsuccessful here but he managed two goals anyway to add to the opener from Jackie McNamara. 

FB_IMG_1574012146061.jpg

Wow. Where did you unearth this from?

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That shot looks like it is hitting the corner flag. Number 20 looks like @Melanius Mullarkeyafter he scored that OG. Bit more hair, right enough.

I scored upwards of 2 goals on Friday. Not one of them in the wrong net either.