A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

21 hours ago, Pettigrew said:

That's not Willie P.

Think it's Ian Kennedy which presumably makes it the game on April 23 1977 where he scored in a 3-1 defeat for the Dossers.

I was going to say that it wasn’t Willie Pettigrew, but thought that Motherwell fans would know their player better than me. Also, the Falkirk fan saying that “Stewart” Kennedy is in the photo. It’s Stuart.

... and one of the more obscure grounds: If you look carefully on the right side of the photo is Coldstream's Home Park in 1950. It looks like there's actually a match on, with players on the pitch and spectators round it. 

5c86f130d375d_homepark1950.jpg.2d673b5bc40203879b8745d96ed9c81c.jpg

And to the south of Coldstream you can see England

And to the south of that Scotland again

On 23/10/2019 at 19:28, Lyle Lanley said:

A young Frank Lampard playing for West Ham in a friendly against Hibs in 1998. 

7E2AC73C-4815-4EA5-AF10-F7B7D6ADF96E.jpeg

H also played at Fir Park that same summer in John Philliben's testimonial. 

Looks like Eyal Berkovic standing beside him, and Rob Mattheui, Brian McClair, Simo Valakari & Owen Coyle in the wall. 

250798-pre-season-friendly-motherwell-v-west-ham-utd-fir-park-motherwell-BJD1JN.jpg

52 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And to the south of Coldstream you can see England

And to the south of that Scotland again

We were once on a scout camp in Coldstream. we crossed the bridge over the Tweed, had a pish on England and crossed back again.

Mad mental young Mcglashans!

We were once on a scout camp in Coldstream. we crossed the bridge over the Tweed, had a pish on England and crossed back again.
Mad mental young Mcglashans!

I once threw up in a bush outside Wooler but that was more to do with a stinking hangover than anglophobia

On 19/10/2019 at 07:18, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

?gniknird neeb ouy evaH

EDIT - I remember when I wee a Hearts programme cover where the picture had been inverted so the shed appeared back to front. My dad had to explain the technical wizardry to me.

Consult your GP urgently.

H also played at Fir Park that same summer in John Philliben's testimonial. 
Looks like Eyal Berkovic standing beside him, and Rob Mattheui, Brian McClair, Simo Valakari & Owen Coyle in the wall. 
250798-pre-season-friendly-motherwell-v-west-ham-utd-fir-park-motherwell-BJD1JN.thumb.jpg.6e497470c2bbe3feb5e28fe59a3fdff8.jpg
I've been trying to erase the memory of Brian McClair's return to us. What a disappointment that was - only surpassed by Ross McCormack's even more underwhelming return.

35 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Why would you bother making a full blooded attempt at blocking a free kick in a testimonial? 1🤔

A bizarre comment. Why bother doing anything in a testimonial if that's your attitude?

Edited by DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A bizarre comment. Why bother doing anything in a testimonial if that's your attitude?

Nothing bizarre about it. Testimonials can be a decent match allowing players to play. Throwing yourself from a wall at a free kick 20+ yards out? You think people 10 years later are going to be saying 'why did he no block that?'.