Mon Dieu

A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

IMG_20190921_131226844.thumb.jpg.0f46596a4d13682722d2e4ea25741859.jpg

Jock Stein's autograph as an Albion Rovers player as seen in the Rovers exhibition at Summerlee.

Edited by tamthebam
some words not showing up

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

20190921_225333.thumb.jpg.6c4312544d51a25eb2b170412e147dbf.jpg20190921_225403.thumb.jpg.2edc96190a87410a503dc7dc671044d2.jpg

They adverts bring back some memories of the Toon when I was a youngster. Old enough to be at the Regal pictures before it burnt down:lol: Few still on the go East Port Bar, Alhambra (revived after being a bingo hall, Alari's?, Rennies, Andrew Thomson & City Hotel. Remember the Cresta Bar up Abbey View from when I went to High School reputed to have been some place used to walk past it going to the chippy at dinner time.

Edited by cowdenbeath

24 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

They adverts bring back some memories of the Toon when I was a youngster. Old enough to be at the Regal pictures before it burnt down:lol: Few still on the go East Port Bar, Alhambra (revived after being a bingo hall, Alari's?, Rennies, Andrew Thomson & City Hotel. Remember the Cresta Bar up Abbey View from when I went to High School reputed to have been some place used to walk past it going to the chippy at dinner time.

Where was Regal Pictures? 

Courtesy of Glasgow Doors Open Day, I had a bit of a walking tour of the four Hampden Parks today...

Really interesting talks by Graeme Brown and Ged O'Brien.

The new mural on the back of Hampden Bowling Club is cracking. IMG_20190922_154924.jpegIMG_20190922_161005.jpegIMG_20190922_172756.jpegIMG_20190922_173143.jpeg

They adverts bring back some memories of the Toon when I was a youngster. Old enough to be at the Regal pictures before it burnt down Few still on the go East Port Bar, Alhambra (revived after being a bingo hall, Alari's?, Rennies, Andrew Thomson & City Hotel. Remember the Cresta Bar up Abbey View from when I went to High School reputed to have been some place used to walk past it going to the chippy at dinner time.
Sadly Alari's is no more

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Sadly Alari's is no more emoji26.png

Cheers never been past there for a good while when did it close?

10 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

was the Cresta Bar frothy man? 

Cheers never been past there for a good while when did it close?
A good few years now. Don't think there is a sit-in chippy at the moment in the town. There is one at Duloch but it always seems to be closed for refurbishment and is at the moment IIRC.

A moving picture piece. England 2 Scotland 3 in 1951 with a bit at the end about the Stone of Destiny. Picture quality is better than a lot from that era which is probably because it’s BBC not Pathe News.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/scotland-are-soccer-champions/zk3t8xs

Hearts fans protest against chief executive Chris Robinson's plans to sell Tynecastle and rent Murrayfield. (2004)

1c.jpg

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

A moving picture piece. England 2 Scotland 3 in 1951 with a bit at the end about the Stone of Destiny. Picture quality is better than a lot from that era which is probably because it’s BBC not Pathe News.

The standard there looks comically shit! That kick off 😂

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Excellent. Rattles and tambourines - michty!