A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

55 minutes ago, williebhoy said:

DUVTWg6-X0-AAbx-PJ-jpg-large.jpg

Tom Callaghan on the left, before my time but I actually remember his son who played for Stirling Albion in the 1990's and is the spit of him.

Can't place the player on the right but I'm going to kick myself as soon as you tell me, unless it's Charlie Gallagher who it looks a bit like, not sure if he played for Dunfermline?

14 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Tom Callaghan on the left, before my time but I actually remember his son who played for Stirling Albion in the 1990's and is the spit of him.

Can't place the player on the right but I'm going to kick myself as soon as you tell me, unless it's Charlie Gallagher who it looks a bit like, not sure if he played for Dunfermline?

Is it not his brother Willie Callaghan? 

3 hours ago, Serious Business said:

CS gas is always the first thing that comes to mind seeing that old corner.

I don't know why- that's Tynecastle, not Easter Road.

Unless there was a CS Gas canister incident at Tynecastle. I just remember the one at Easter Road because I was at the game (in the main stand so wasn't gassed).

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nothing like each other.

Very clearly that's Tynecastle.

The school buildings in the background behind what is now the Roseburn stand are the main clue to be fair, plus the roof covering a small section of the terrace behind the goal, the enclosure at Easter Road was only roofed up to the corner flag.

31 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

The school buildings in the background behind what is now the Roseburn stand are the main clue to be fair, plus the roof covering a small section of the terrace behind the goal, the enclosure at Easter Road was only roofed up to the corner flag. 

To be even fairer , one of the players in the photo wearing a Hearts strip and none of them wearing a Hibs strip is a wee bit of a giveaway. That and the fact that it's clearly Tynecastle.

That makes sense, I know there were two brothers played for the Pars and Tom had a spell at Celtic. 

It’s absolutely Willie. Willie is far well known amongst pars fans and if you asked us to name 1 guy in that photo he’d be be first one named 100% of the time.