A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Long, long wait from award to kick IIRC.
No VAR in sight 🤣

Was only 4 years old and can’t claim to remember anything about it. Love that photo , though if only for showing the huge crowd.

Davie Robb scores a late winner for the Dons , wearing a blue and white striped top in a 1970 Scottish Cup tie against Clydebank at Pittodrie.

I can remember the change strip being all blue top and shorts with white socks in the early /mid 70’s, but I wasn’t aware of the striped top until seeing this photo. 

Anyone remember this game ?

DCE7C516-8669-40BB-80F6-D05C57BF3CAE.png

2 minutes ago, A96 said:

Davie Robb scores a late winner for the Dons , wearing a blue and white striped top in a 1970 Scottish Cup tie against Clydebank at Pittodrie.

I can remember the change strip being all blue top and shorts with white socks in the early /mid 70’s, but I wasn’t aware of the striped top until seeing this photo. 

@ScotsFootyCards

13 hours ago, A96 said:

It was actually Wednesday February 11th 1970, as the original Scottish Cup tie had been postponed on the Saturday. Aberdeen were booed off the park for an abysmal performance, although winning the match 2.1. Exactly two months later on 11th April, Martin Buchan was holding the Scottish Cup above his head at Hampden. The strip, nicknamed our Candy Stripe strip, was only worn on a couple of occasions and it came a season before the all blue one, which I really liked.

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Another Motherwell player of that era, like Dougie Arnott, who seemed to score every time he played against Celtic. 😟

Era before: my monicker..........Willie P loved a goal against the Celts...........completes the  comeback January 1976, Scottish Cup 0-2 half time, out paces McCluskey & McDonald to make it 3-2 

GW1024H727

Era before: my monicker..........Willie P loved a goal against the Celts...........completes the  comeback January 1976, Scottish Cup 0-2 half time, out paces McCluskey & McDonald to make it 3-2 
GW1024H727&key=d75fcf97295dd0c4c600b348f3cd3ab5e3cc65c6a04606232c62264b83bac5d6

Now that’s a Motherwell top.

21 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Love a sash, doesn’t matter if it’s on Miss World or Willie pettiegrew

Not a great fan of the V shaped variety though, even on this stunna.

IMG_6581.jpg

Well, Susan Boyle is from West Lothian...