Jump to content
Mon Dieu

A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Recommended Posts

I still find it incredible how far Garry Kenneth has fallen. He was average at best, but nevertheless, I'm surprised how quickly he fell into the amateur game. I wonder what the full story is.

He was rotten and found his level- HTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the GK story is being big and tall is often enough in Scottish football and he played alongside some outstanding defenders in Webster, Dodds and Wilkie (I know none of them are Maldini but Levein and Houston really did get the best out of them).

Part 2 is after 20 when natural fitness isnt enough and 10 lagers and a pizza needs to be worked off or just not taken.

As a footballer he was always incredibly limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
On 06/07/2019 at 15:26, invergowrie arab said:
This was over 10 years ago so probably counts as history.
Messi getting little change out of Lee Wilkie and Garry Kenneth.
Kenneth now works as a delivery driver whereas i dont even know if Messi has a driving license.
 
 
 
3402.jpg.639e2f7f30e415380430d28350c1da34.jpg

I still find it incredible how far Garry Kenneth has fallen. He was average at best, but nevertheless, I'm surprised how quickly he fell into the amateur game. I wonder what the full story is.

Was there not a fair bit of media hype round him when he first appeared for United?  I think I remember him being linked to Chelsea early on, which seems even more bizarre than these things usually do, given how quickly it all unravelled for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was given 'The Game' by Stuart Roy Clarke as a present. A photographer who has had a few exhibitions who has taken brilliant photos of football, focusing on the human element of football. There are some photos of Scottish football grounds and supporters in there. I highly reccomend it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2019 at 20:52, Swordfishtrombone said:

I was given 'The Game' by Stuart Roy Clarke as a present. A photographer who has had a few exhibitions who has taken brilliant photos of football, focusing on the human element of football. There are some photos of Scottish football grounds and supporters in there. I highly reccomend it. 

Saw his exhibition ‘The Homes of Football ‘ when it was in Edinburgh a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 00:19, MeadowArab said:
On 06/07/2019 at 15:26, invergowrie arab said:
This was over 10 years ago so probably counts as history.
Messi getting little change out of Lee Wilkie and Garry Kenneth.
Kenneth now works as a delivery driver whereas i dont even know if Messi has a driving license.
 
 
 
3402.jpg.639e2f7f30e415380430d28350c1da34.jpg

I still find it incredible how far Garry Kenneth has fallen. He was average at best, but nevertheless, I'm surprised how quickly he fell into the amateur game. I wonder what the full story is.

Back in 2007 I happened to be on the same flight as the extended Kenneth family on a Zoom Airlines flight to Vancouver ahead of the under 20 World Cup in Canada.  Whole team of them with "Kenzo 6" on the back of their tops. 

It was a lively flight, to say the least, and if any of them had any of the Duty Free that they boarded the flight in Glasgow with left by the time we landed I would be very surprised.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2019 at 12:31, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Boyd was a very good player, very consistent, rarely injured and never retired from International duty at a young age like the current p***k that is captain of Celtic...all that said, Boyd is a thoroughly unlikeable individual, a total knob of a guy

Also worth noting that at least in his younger years he was absolutely rapid and excellent on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2019 at 12:17, Pet Jeden said:

Magnificent photo. But when I see it, I just keep thinking - how tedious must post-war life have been that people would seriously risk their lives to watch Aberdeen.......against Hibs ?

To be honest if you'd survived years getting high explosive chucked at you, whether on the home front or in North Africa/Italy/Normandy or being down a mine or working in a shipyard with rudimentary health and safety then sitting on a stand roof was a piece of pish. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can remember when Levein sent Kenneth out on loan to Cowden, Levein felt Kenneth thought he was Billy big time and had made it in the game, he came to Cowden to find out that you need to put in hard work and 100% commitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretty sure the top image is from a concert by The Who at Celtic Park in the 1970's. 


Correct, and the other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

 


Correct, and the other?

 

Atheltico Madrid match in mid-eighties?

 

That Who concert, Alex Harvey and his band were the support that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 10:23, moniton said:


He was rotten and found his level- HTH emoji41.png

And yet he’s still achieved more in his career than Morton have in over half a century. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Atheltico Madrid match in mid-eighties?
 
That Who concert, Alex Harvey and his band were the support that day.


Correct, though you lose a point for putting a ‘h’ in Atlético.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao, people often mix the two prefixes up, the latter club were formed by some English men, soldiers stationed in the Basque area I seem to recall reading somewhere, hence the spelling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Can remember when Levein sent Kenneth out on loan to Cowden, Levein felt Kenneth thought he was Billy big time and had made it in the game, he came to Cowden to find out that you need to put in hard work and 100% commitment.

Aye and he was pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...