A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

37 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Scotland Under 21 squad from 1968, before my time so I only recognise two or three here, have fun picking them out one by one....

That's the way to do it. 👍

Pinched from Football Memories Scotland on fb. Scotland at Somerset Park in what must be the early sixties going by the shirts. I only recognise Law and St John. Also an excellent view of the old lettered scoreboard.

FB_IMG_1562319428254.jpg

Edited by paulbrucerick

25 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Pinched from Football Memories Scotland on fb. Scotland at Somerset Park in what must be the early sixties going by the shirts. I only recognise Law and St John. Also an excellent view of the old lettered scoreboard.

FB_IMG_1562319428254.jpg

Eric Caldow is the second player in the second row, standing next to the goalie, and Bobby Evans is second from the right. Can't say I know any of the others other than Law and St. John that you've already mentioned.

23 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

FB_IMG_1562319428254.jpg

Two Hearts faces there, I think. Back row, third from right John Cumming. And front row, second left Alex Young. Can't be any later than 1960 if it is them.

Ryan Stevenson tends goal for Rairh Rovers. I'm not sure what was funniest about that game. Was it the fact Raith had no goalie, Ayr only won one nil, the whole of P&B lumping on Ayr to win by a few or the fact Stevenson let a clearly 'done' Farid score?

images.jpeg-2.jpg

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

FB_IMG_1562319428254.jpg

The ginger guy in the back row looks like a D C Thomson cartoon character brought to life.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

The ginger guy in the back row looks like a D C Thomson cartoon character brought to life.

He's kind of familiar that one.

I feel that I should know him, but don't.  I'll either kick myself when his identity is revealed by someone, or just have to pretend that's what I'm doing, as someone I've never heard of is identified.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

18 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Scotland Under 21 squad from 1968, before my time so I only recognise two or three here, have fun picking them out one by one....

IMG_20190704_135045.jpg

Don't think that is 1968 if it's a Scotland under 23 side. Conn and Dalglish would only have been 16/17 then

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's kind of familiar that one.

I feel that I should know him, but don't.  I'll either kick myself when his identity is revealed by someone, or just have to pretend that's what I'm doing, as someone I've never heard of is identified.

Bobby Evans of Celtic and it’s probably before them1960 home game v England. 3 Motherwell players in team. This was the first Scotland game I can remember watching on TV. The following week, I think, I went to my first ever game Dundee beat Celtic 2-0. Evans had to take over in goal as no subs then.

http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/scot-intres1960.html

Edited by Eednud

On 15/06/2019 at 13:54, pozbaird said:

The demolition of Love Street...

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

I mind I had a dream once that we are all at the new stadium for a game and something went wrong. 

An announcement came round that we were all just going to wander round to Love St to finish the game. The game then played out at the old stadium. It might be the happiest I've ever felt.

I realise how ridiculous that all sounds, but football does funny things to you. What I wouldn't give give for a pish in those open air toilets now. 

5 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I mind I had a dream once that we are all at the new stadium for a game and something went wrong. 

An announcement came round that we were all just going to wander round to Love St to finish the game. The game then played out at the old stadium. It might be the happiest I've ever felt.

I realise how ridiculous that all sounds, but football does funny things to you. What I wouldn't give give for a pish in those open air toilets now. 

I look at those pics, and at the Caledonia Stand, even in a state of demolition... imagine if we could have redeveloped Love Street with four stands like that, joined together at the corners in a ‘small version of Tynecastle’ way? Would have been fantastic.

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Obviously you're an absolute fruit cake.

That was quite moving though.