A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Correct.

As for your last point, sadly not. 

Reveal hidden contents

BBF2A29A-14EC-4946-8F37-042396A5D94F.jpeg.00864f7e11d57aade4f70f815e9a8860.jpeg

Here is Hamilton (centre seated) for Elgin in their first ever highland league game. Scored their first goal in the highland League I believe.

4EFADFCF-2E54-4F87-89FF-9C138316C6C9.thumb.jpeg.f6aa7287dde7d0e15814d551cccb5f7f.jpeg

Good that they got the photo taken before they were stripped of the trophies

Which one’s Chico McHardy ?

Pinched from Ayr United Archive. Ian McAllister and Jim McCann celebrate winning the Ayrshire Cup. Judging by the strip I reckon it must be around 88-89! 

The Ayrshire Cup was always a good way to end the season when Ayr and Kilmarnock were both in the same division. Once Killie got promoted and moved upwards it lost its appeal with weakened teams and played during the season. Like most regional cup competitions its time has passed. 

It now resides at Rugby Park in perpetuity, as according to the agreement, Killie were the last winners of it. No grumbles from me, if we wanted to keep it then we should have won it! 

Cracking looking cup though!

FB_IMG_1560684394065.jpg

Edited by paulbrucerick

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A slightly different view of the greatest ever night, past present or future, in Scottish footballing history.

2F1A039F-C391-42FD-AE8B-6C81015454E7.jpeg

Mark E Smith on the left doesn't look terrible impressed. 

Scotland v Brazil, Hampden 66

IMG_6305.jpg.69be8b4ada287164aae2a50a6341c2c4.jpg

Showed this pic of pele to my old man and he told me his ‘pele’ story, no idea if it’s true or not but John Clark and Davie Provan were in New York and got into a lift and Pele gets in at the next floor. Provan is nearly peeing himself in excitement, while clark is not even bothering.

Pele eyes John Clark up and just before getting out the lift says to him ' hampden, 66’ you were a very good player' to which Clark nods and smiles. Provan is going nuts that Pele knew John Clark and Clark turns to him and says, who the f**k was that!??

16 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Brazil pre ‘66’ World Cup
IMG_6299.jpg

Think I’ve mentioned it in this thread before, but I looked into Brazil’s trip to Troon and read a nice story of a guy who was innocently cycling along beside Troons ground. Back in 66 when there was no TV or social media to notify any locals that Brazil were coming to town, the cyclist glanced in to see who was playing on the pitch, and was obviously dumbfounded to see Pele and the rest of the Brazilian superstars kicking the ball about. Couldn’t even imagine what that would be like to experience something like that, thought it was a good story. 

A mere 80 years ago a Scottish FA Touring Party faced the might of a selection of North American club sides. Not “proper” internationals, so not recorded in formal SFA records – and probably no caps, either. The players identities were preserved in the autograph book of a young lady from Aberdeen – which was taken on tour by George Hamilton. He also gathered the autographs of all the opposition teams.

Detroit FC

Nanamino FC

St Louis FC

Totonto FC

Victoria FC

Vancouver FC

Winnipeg FC

Despite being North American they're all “FC”. Not soccer clubs.

1939 _SFA Touring Team.jpg