A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

5 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Touche, pal. Just the 3 cups to hand back. 

Aye, fair enough' Snifter. We should give the '98 cup to penny-pinching Rangers, the '06 cup to the sensibly run Gretna and  the 2012 cup to the club who got a £4.5m debt written off by BoS  - Hibs.

John Duncan celebrating possibly his goal in a 3-0 Dundee win against Hibs in a Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay at Dens on 18th March 1974, a Monday. Jocky Scott, Duncan and Bobby Wilson scored. The crowd was 30,888. The first game ended 3-3 on the 9th March with the same 3 names scoring for Dundee but Jimmy not Bobby Wilson. Crowd 28,236.  Dundee seemed to reach the Semi Final regularly back then but alway ended up drawn against Celtic and losing.

Dundee v Hibs Duncan claiming goal, Scottish Cup quarter-final replay, 19/3/74.

3 minutes ago, Eednud said:

John Duncan celebrating possibly his goal in a 3-0 Dundee win against Hibs in a Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay at Dens on 18th March 1974, a Monday. Jocky Scott, Duncan and Bobby Wilson scored. The crowd was 30,888. The first game ended 3-3 on the 9th March with the same 3 names scoring for Dundee but Jimmy not Bobby Wilson. Crowd 28,236.  Dundee seemed to reach the Semi Final regularly back then but alway ended up drawn against Celtic and losing.

Nice to know the earliest version of Photoshop was drawing over a picture with a pencil.

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Nice to know the earliest version of Photoshop was drawing over a picture with a pencil.

Well it is from the Oor Wullie, The Broons. Dandy, Beano, Beezer people.

8 hours ago, Eednud said:

I think you have the right match but that's not a goal being scored. All 3 Dundee goals were scored in the first half at the TC Keay end. I was behind that goal and tried to move to the Provie Rd end at half time going around the back of the south enclosure. Took me half an hour due to the size of the crowd

Aberdeen team group from 1970, going by the condition of the pitch that isn't a start of season photoshoot, random guess but possibly a publicity picture for the Scottish Cup Final v Celtic in April?
IMG_20190602_101801.thumb.jpg.24bdad8bcaec96fef88364fe11d3bf24.jpg
I recognise Bobby Clarke, Martin Buchan, Davy Robb and Joe Harper. The guy to Buchan's immediate left...Shewan or something like that?
Anyway, cracking photo.

56 minutes ago, Walter said:

I recognise Bobby Clarke, Martin Buchan, Davy Robb and Joe Harper. The guy to Buchan's immediate left...Shewan or something like that?
Anyway, cracking photo.

The most noticeable thing being - no club crest, no shirt maufacturer logo, no shirt sponsor, no league sleeve patches... no names on backs of shirts, no secondary sponsor name on back of shirt, no minor sponsor logo on shorts, and undoubtably, none of them wearing those wee bra-type things with the sticky-out box part on the back that tracks their running-around.... no moisture-wicking, no under-arm mesh panels for added airflow, no ‘technology woven into every fibre to suit the requirements of the modern athlete’.... no polyester in sight.

Basically, f**k-all, bar a red tap’ that was likely knitted by an Aberdonian granny on behalf of Umbro, or Bukta, or insert name of random local sports shop who secured a job lot of knitted red taps’...

Ah, them wis’ the days. Would love to see Liverpool and Spurs running around ‘steamy’ Madrid last near wearing a set of those bad boys.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Anyway, cracking photo.

I think that's Jim Hermiston. Arthur Graham extreme right and Jim Forrest fifth from the end?

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Anyway, cracking photo.

It’s Bobby Clark and Davie Robb! From left to right;

Tommy McMillan, Bobby Clark, George Murray, Jens Petersen, Henning Boel, Davie Robb, Martin Buchan, Jim Hermiston, Tommy Wilson, Jim Hamilton, Jim Forrest, Derek McKay, King Joey, Ian Taylor and George Buchan.

Edited by kingjoey

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s Bobby Clark and Davie Robb! From left to right;

Tommy McMillan, Bobby Clark, George Murray, Jens Petersen, Henning Boel, Davie Robb, Martin Buchan, Jim Hermiston, Tommy Wilson, Jim Hamilton, Jim Forrest, Derek McKay, King Joey, Ian Taylor and George Buchan.

I can name every one of those players from 49 years ago. If you showed me a photo of the first team squad from ten years ago I can guarantee that I would not be able to name them all.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I can name every one of those players from 49 years ago. If you showed me a photo of the first team squad from ten years ago I can guarantee that I would not be able to name them all.

Here you go , your highness

Never knew we had GMS on our books as a goalie

E24548F6-BB89-4B18-9CDB-D80837268911.png

1 hour ago, A96 said:

Here you go , your highness

Never knew we had GMS on our books as a goalie

E24548F6-BB89-4B18-9CDB-D80837268911.png

?, Andy Considine, Lee Mair, Charlie Mulgrew, Jamie Langfield, ?, ?, Lee Miller, McDonald, Paton, Scott Thomson.

?, Neil Cooper, ?, Chris Maguire, Derek Young, Stuart Duff, ?, Mark Kerr, Jeffrey De Vissher, Peter Pawlett, ?, ?

?, Sandy Clark,  Jamie Smith, Ricky Foster, Jimmy Calderwood, Scott Severin, Jimmy Nicholl, Zander Diamond, Darren Mackie, Jim Leighton and ?.

Edited by kingjoey

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

?, Andy Considine, Lee Mair, ?, Jamie Langfield, ?, ?, Lee Miller, McDonald, Paton, Scott Thomson.

?, Neil Cooper, ?, Chris Maguire, Derek Young, Stuart Duff, ?, Mark Kerr, Jeffrey De Vissher, Peter Pawlett, ?, ?

?, Sandy Clark,  Jamie Smith, Ricky Foster, Jimmy Calderwood, Scott Severin, Jimmy Nicholl, Zander Diamond, Darren Mackie, Jim Leighton and ?.

The Aberdeen side of around then is very dear to my heart. ;)

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

?, Andy Considine, Lee Mair, Charlie Mulgrew, Jamie Langfield, ?, ?, Lee Miller, McDonald, Paton, Scott Thomson.

I think that’s Tommy Wright  at the extreme right on the back row , rather than Scott Thomson.

Other than that I agree with your answers , and  it’s the same ones as you that I don’t know .

Except Yoda next to Sandy Clark  in the front row.

And is it Chris Clark’s sister , Amy , next to Pawlett ? ............ wid , anyway.