A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

He'd not "barely kicked a ball" he'd literally never played for us. He was signed that week. Is your boss David Fellenger by any chance? It was him who wasn't picked in the squad for Beaumont iirc.  
Yep, that's my boss.

On 5/11/2019 at 22:08, Flybhoy said:

Jorge Cadete scores a minute after coming on as a substitute against Aberdeen on his Celtic debut in April 1996, another money grabbing fraud, Pierre Van Hooijdonk greets him, both had talent to burn and egos to match, ironically both are never shy to offer their tuppence worth on their love for Celtic on either social media or, in presumably well paid interviews for various tabloids whenever a big match for Celtic approaches, funnily enough neither could get away from Celtic quick enough back in their prime when a few extra quid was flashed at them, fantastic players to be fair though. 

The subsequent roar at this goal actually knocked Radio Five off air for a few minutes, damaging their microphones. 

IMG_20190511_205035.jpg

Seem to recall that Cadete didn't actually want to leave Celtic, the story being that his wife had a miscarriage while living in Glasgow and decided she wanted to move closer to her family following that. He wound up at Vigo and for a decent enough fee.

Van Hooijdonk was absolutely a money grabbing c**t, and his comments after going on strike at Notts Forrest were shameful.

On 5/12/2019 at 08:56, RandomGuy. said:

He made a post about Cadete and Van Hooijdonk, who made a combined 100 appearances over 2 years in Scottish football, in a thread called "A photographic history of Scottish football".

Cadete had a significant impact on the Scottish game. His arrival signaled the end of Jim Farry, albeit Cadete was long gone before Farry was found guilty of deliberately delaying his registration as a get it up ye on Fergus McCann.

The goalie is wearing the bonnet of Bonnie Dundee Violet..

dv7.thumb.jpg.8cba79f8478b6e2527e8acf453124216.jpg

I like really old team photos and there's quite a few on display in the Dundee Violet Social Club. 

I wonder how many of these players died in the Great War- a lot of Dundee men joined the Black Watch who suffered badly at the Battle of Loos in 1915. 

1896%20Team.jpg

A small picture, granted, but an old one to keep with the theme of the Dundee Violet picture. Kilmarnock in 1895/96 with the Scottish Qualifying Cup. The trophy is now part of the SFA's collection but is rarely on display - once in a blue moon it comes out but I've only ever seen it once. I didn't realise that it was still being played for as recently as 2007 as a means for junior, amateur and highland league teams to enter the Scottish Cup before they restructured the tournament to its current structure. 

The cup itself dates from 1895 and the first winners were Annbank (then a senior team) who defeated East Stirlingshire 3-1. Other notable winners in the early years of the cup include Stenhousemuir, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Arbroath, Raith Rovers, Dunfemline, Albion Rovers, East Fife and Queen of the South.  After 1931 things started to become regionalised and more info is available here.

5 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

1896%20Team.jpg

A small picture, granted, but an old one to keep with the theme of the Dundee Violet picture. Kilmarnock in 1895/96 with the Scottish Qualifying Cup. The trophy is now part of the SFA's collection but is rarely on display - once in a blue moon it comes out but I've only ever seen it once. I didn't realise that it was still being played for as recently as 2007 as a means for junior, amateur and highland league teams to enter the Scottish Cup before they restructured the tournament to its current structure. 

The cup itself dates from 1895 and the first winners were Annbank (then a senior team) who defeated East Stirlingshire 3-1. Other notable winners in the early years of the cup include Stenhousemuir, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Arbroath, Raith Rovers, Dunfemline, Albion Rovers, East Fife and Queen of the South.  After 1931 things started to become regionalised and more info is available here.

I like the away strip.

On 28/05/2019 at 20:19, Andy_K_97 said:

1896%20Team.jpg

11 players, six  administrators/officials/men in blazers.  Never change, Scottish fitba, never change.

Although worth noting that one of the 11 would be the keeper. Didn't have to wear a different coloured shirt until into the 20th century.

Guest Moomintroll
Add in Andy Thom and it's still the best attacking line up I've seen at Rugby Park.
What, even better tham Calum Campbell & Ross Jack??

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:19, Andy_K_97 said:

1896%20Team.jpg

Why is it not on display?

On another note - I see Ayr couldn't even win that either!

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:
Add in Andy Thom and it's still the best attacking line up I've seen at Rugby Park.

What, even better tham Calum Campbell & Ross Jack??

Ross Jack scoring first game of the season at Greenock is one of my most vivid childhood memories of going to away games!

Pretty sure Mitchell got the other in a 2-0 win.

Guest Moomintroll
Ross Jack scoring first game of the season at Greenock is one of my most vivid childhood memories of going to away games!
Pretty sure Mitchell got the other in a 2-0 win.
My favourite Ross Jack moment was his header in the Ayrshire Cup Final, sure he was about 16 yards out when he connected but he looked like he was about 6 feet off the ground. Best headed goal I have ever witnessed.

Indulge me this one please, and possibly provide further information! Picture must be from the turn of last century featuring what I believe to be of a juvenile side from Ayr, Roselea Fc. 

The indulgence part being, Great Grandad Paulbrucerick is in the bottom left of the picture! He also played for Parkhouse before the amalgamation.

FB_IMG_1559211195818.jpg

Nicky Walker dives to collect the ball from Grant Munro, Stuart McCaffrey and Ricardo Fuller in his final season as a professional;  January 2002, Scottish Cup at Tynecastle.

For some reason in the 2001/2002 season, we wore our 1999/2000 strip in the cup competitions.  Was very weird.

inverness-caledonian-thistle-goalkeeper-nicky-walker-saves-from-the-picture-id829149956?s=612x612

Indulge me this one please, and possibly provide further information! Picture must be from the turn of last century featuring what I believe to be of a juvenile side from Ayr, Roselea Fc. 
The indulgence part being, Great Grandad Paulbrucerick is in the bottom left of the picture! He also played for Parkhouse before the amalgamation.
FB_IMG_1559211195818.thumb.jpg.69284c67f156dc277f477eb0cb99c02d.jpg
I had a look through the SFHA club database & found no Roselea from Ayr so the club only ever played juvenile level. Not what yer looking for but thought it was worth sharing.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why is it not on display?

On another note - I see Ayr couldn't even win that either!

The museum is planning an exhibit on Killie's 150th celebration starting at some point in the summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on display as part of that. Can't say for certain though.

To address your other point, proof of WFAANW.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
5 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:
FB_IMG_1559211195818.thumb.jpg.69284c67f156dc277f477eb0cb99c02d.jpg

I had a look through the SFHA club database & found no Roselea from Ayr so the club only ever played juvenile level. Not what yer looking for but thought it was worth sharing.

Cheers, I thought it must be a juvenile side. I actually have an original copy of the picture. He died before I was born so its a nice thing, albeit a bit of a mystery, to have.