A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

8 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

29 years ago in May.

Where did the time go?

My brother took me to that game, I was 12, he was 21 and my abiding memory is of him falling down the steps at Joe Miller's goal and busting his ankle, he was off his work for a month afterwards.

12 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
13 hours ago, Drew Brees said:
Just trying to get my head around this, so Danny McGrain can’t be mentioned as an equal to rivelino? Is that what you’re saying?

Much as it pains me to agree with an arse cheek acolyte, Danny McGrain was clearly one of the best full backs of all time on the left or right side. KT is not fit to oil his beard imo.

also Danny McGrain managed Arbroath and Rivelino never did. Which makes McGrain greater in my humble opinion! 

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

also Danny McGrain managed Arbroath and Rivelino never did. Which makes McGrain greater in my humble opinion! 

He also scored two goals at Recreation Park, Alloa in one game. Something the Brazilian doesnt have on his CV.

17 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_0570.jpg

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Is that Paul Sturrock? What's the story here?

Luggy seems annoyed that Pat Bonner and Dave King have been allowed to officiate a match against his team.

People often forget that Sturrock had quite a few starring roles for Scotland. Although only capped twenty times, he went to two world cup finals, certainly done his bit in getting us to them and Ferguson twice put him in the starting XI at Mexico 86.

Socks must be rolled doon at all times...

sturrock_luggy_socks.thumb.jpg.9662bd2fb56ea893356e28b3b14387de.jpg

Except against Uruguay where full metal shinnies are definitely required.

world-cup-1986-scotland-0-uruguay-0-paul-sturrock-blue-being-harshly.jpg.de11a75bd14a07f890bf7da8549ed4a6.jpg

Here he is in more carefree times, scoring for Scotland against East Germany in a 2-0 win. One sock up, one sock doon.

sturrock_v_DDR.jpg.1d6bd891d0afdd454eb31f18d5f9b9e0.jpg

Edited by IggyStooge

stands011294pic.jpg&key=f22ec15cea74ec4e306528165a726154a636d3095ac29c37a16f3c7c26349ed0
Ended up being pretty close to the finished article. It would have been really good had they left the terracing in place (or even the bucket seats for a spell) then added a stand behind the terracing as shown in the model rather than ripping it up and building a new one. You suspect it might have been a bit cheaper too (and meant they had 2 tiers on all 4 sides). I remember sitting in that old crooked stand watching the Pars win in Extra Time in the Skol Cup. Ross Jack scored a screamer in the additional 30 minutes and it was one of the first away midweek games my Dad let me go to since I had Primary School the next morning.

Not long before being rebuilt the plan for the East was still 2 tiered... I recall the planning permission amendment was such that it retained the same 'box' of the stand overall, but adjusted the rake within, flats having been built behind in the interim which presumably could've objected to a different overall "footprint".

I love seeing old photos in smaller club's social clubs (or if I'm really lucky the boardrooms!). 

This is Civil Service Strollers and a dug in 1921- I wonder where the stand was that's behind the team.  You can see it at Strollers' ground in their bar/tearoom. 

css1920.thumb.jpg.df03f2ca59b10466c398701157739288.jpg

4 hours ago, Brian Mcculloch Glasgow said:

Joe Walters of Clyde FC

152ea0c5a542d7b83e6b3826f01cc3be.jpg

Joe came to one of our football memories groups in Killie a fair few times and he was a lovely guy. Even though his short term memory was failing him he had some great stories to tell, particularly his Clyde days.