A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

East End Park

ws4ids.jpg

That's a cracking photo. That looks like Halbeath Road at the back of the wee stand so I'm assuming the current main stand is on that side. The terracing down the right hand side seems much steeper than the stand that's there at present. Was the terracing levelled off or  is it a trick of the camera?

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Must have been missed. Our only scorer that day was Willie Watt and the guy taking the penalty is Francis Munro.

My first season and we finished third. Downhill ever since. Clyde players include Harry Glasgow, Graeme Macfarlane and I suspect that is John Wright in goals.

17 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Yeah, Munro's penalty was pushed up by Clyde keeper Wright against the underside of the bar, which maybe accounts for his posture. Running in – no 9 – is the man who won the penalty: ex Leeds United striker and future St Johnstone manager Jim Storrie.

I'd hardly call it running - Jim Storrie was dead slow.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

One of the old photos of grounds where I would never, ever have guessed which one it was. Any idea of the year?

1951-1962 as the crush barriers were first put in in 1951 and the main stand was developed in 1962.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

1951-1962 as the crush barriers were first put in in 1951 and the main stand was developed in 1962.

I was there for the first time in 1968. I would never have thought that just a few years earlier it looked like that.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:
Is that still wooden railway sleepers?

Yes, I think so. Although they may be from the Lusitania, which was being broken up in Rosyth - wood from that liner was definitely used to build up terraces at some point at East End.

The Lusitania was sunk by a U-boat so I very much doubt they came from her.

That would be season 98/99.   The first season of the SPL which included, for the first time, squad numbers and names on the shirt.   

Clubs chose their own lettering font that season, the next season the SPL brought there own font in.

Dean Windass (Dad of Josh, who likes omelette but doesn't like eggs) picks up a red card at Tannadice in 1997 as Aberdeen are horsed 5-0 by Dundee United, he picked up another two in quick succession after giving referee Stuart Dougal, the linesman and fourth official an absolute volley of fucks. 

IMG_20181109_125718.jpg