A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

No idea.  The away terrace section was the least used part of the ground before redevelopment too.  Could easily have it open if the away lads want a different view of the game.

Slightly off topic but, I read somewhere online recently that the 6000 seat rule for the top flight no longer applies meaning, if Ayr United get promoted they would be able to use Somerset Park in its present format?

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Slightly off topic but, I read somewhere online recently that the 6000 seat rule for the top flight no longer applies meaning, if Ayr United get promoted they would be able to use Somerset Park in its present format?

This is correct. The only stadia rules are around facilities, floodlights and having 500 covered seats (I think).

The police of course could still be dicks about it.

52 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Yep, same with QOTS.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:50, DA Baracus said:

He also strikes me as an utter shitebag despite his hard man image. His stuff always looked like it was sneaky.

Although fair play for the Galatassary flag.

Agree with that.

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:04, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thanks. I've got a handful of old Falkirk and 'Shire photos, but I'm not sure if people on here will be very interested with them. One shows the roof blown off the Brockville enclosure after strong winds eighty years ago.

They'd be a lot more interesting than all the Celtic crap. IMO, that is. (Providing you don't post them all at once...)

17 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

One of my first games of football ( apart from Clyde) was the Kilmarnock v Leeds game. In those days people had a habit of going to see what they thought might be a good game or an occasion. My dad took me and a neighbour to this. My uncle regularly took me to junior games when Clyde were away at Aberdeen/Dundee etc in the late 60s onwards. Changed days.

I can recall at the Scottish Cup semi Final in 1969 at Parkhead v Rangers, a Rangers fan remarking he had been at Kilmarnock for the Dons' third round replay there. Mind you, he could have lived in Kilmarnock, I suppose...

3 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Believe it or not I think I was there for a semi between Aberdeen v Rangers in/around that time - the game I was at ended 6-1 to Rangers IIRC. Must have been late 60s early 70s

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I can recall at the Scottish Cup semi Final in 1969 at Parkhead v Rangers, a Rangers fan remarking he had been at Kilmarnock for the Dons' third round replay there. Mind you, he could have lived in Kilmarnock, I suppose...

Aye, 6-1 Rangers.

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Back on topic, a ground and two clubs no longer with us, Clydebank v Rangers at a testimonial match for Ken Eadie in 1995 at Kilbowie Park. 

FB_IMG_1541410446521.jpg

David Irons on the ball for the Bankies.

Just now, Dundee Hibernian said:

Since you are a Don's fan, here's Joe Harper and his son just before Aberdeen's triumph over Celtic in the 1976 LC Final.

28hk495.jpg

He didn't score, but I was there along with 69,000 others in the pouring rain as Drew Jarvie and Dave Robb did the business.

On 04/11/2018 at 09:35, TheCelt67 said:

Stumbled across this picture recently which is supposedly from the Fairs Cup match between Valencia and Dunfermline.  Curious as to whether or not anyone has more information on this as I wasn't aware Valencia ever played in blue. 

fb39a2a14b40976e5250d3c85bca6120.jpg

It's a colourised black and white photo. I'm not suggesting Valencia didn't actually play in blue shirts, but with all things colourised you always have to be sceptical about the accuracy of what you're supposedly looking at. It's especially so when people pitch up with 'colour' photos of WWII that are actually nothing of the sort.

30 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:
7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Back on topic, a ground and two clubs no longer with us, Clydebank v Rangers at a testimonial match for Ken Eadie in 1995 at Kilbowie Park. 

FB_IMG_1541410446521.jpg

David Irons on the ball for the Bankies.

Looks like a fairly star studded Rangers line up for a testimonial match.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

He didn't score, but I was there along with 69,000 others in the pouring rain as Drew Jarvie and Dave Robb did the business.

As you can probably guess, I was there as well. In a totally unsegregated North Terrace with no trouble, that I saw, and as you say absolutely drookit and not giving a sh*t. Fantastic day.