A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Saw this on Football Memories facebook page, looks like Firhill or possibly Brockville to me, can any older posters confirm teams and maybe even players?

FB_IMG_1545730014752.jpg

I'd say Firhill because of the fence separating the stand and enclosure, and also the pillars. I could be wrong but that's what I'm going on. As for the teams, I would guess that one would be Partick Thistle but I know that Firhill was often used as the venue for Maryhill Cup finals and other games so I wouldn't hazard a guess.

4 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I'd say Firhill because of the fence separating the stand and enclosure, and also the pillars. I could be wrong but that's what I'm going on. As for the teams, I would guess that one would be Partick Thistle but I know that Firhill was often used as the venue for Maryhill Cup finals and other games so I wouldn't hazard a guess.

I was guessing one of the teams was Motherwell, that's a Motherwellish strip, imo

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was guessing one of the teams was Motherwell, that's a Motherwellish strip, imo

And their main stand might have looked like that before they got the money from Liverpool for Ian St John, which I think was what funded its big renovation. Doesn't look like the other ones mentioned to me.

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Saw this on Football Memories facebook page, looks like Firhill or possibly Brockville to me, can any older posters confirm teams and maybe even players?

FB_IMG_1545730014752.jpg

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's not Brockville.
Dens?

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

Not Dens.

7 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:

not dens for sure. that strip with the 2 hoops is what montrose played in during the 60s but the badge suggests it isnt them

Pretty sure its Firhill, the supports from the stand roof down into the enclosure are still there to this day I believe and the wall at the rear of the steps look like it too.

Thistle v Dundee was my educated guess, I vaguely remember seeing a picture of a 60's Dundee side in a strip like that. 

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

And their main stand might have looked like that before they got the money from Liverpool for Ian St John, which I think was what funded its big renovation. Doesn't look like the other ones mentioned to me.

3 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

Looks like an old Albion rovers badge

The mystery deepens!

31 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I take it that they were going to Cathkin, Shawfield, Ibrox or Celtic Park. Can’t imagine that travelling much further.

The Forge Tavern was on the present Royston Rd, interesting if humorous, it has Masonic Rooms in the same building.

Tally Ho was in Hamilton 

Jubilee Vaults was in Kinning Park i believe.

Thistle v Dundee was my educated guess, I vaguely remember seeing a picture of a 60's Dundee side in a strip like that. 

Don’t think it’s Dundee as the shirt isn’t dark enough plus the socks look as though they have a different colour stripe at the top. If it’s Motherwell or Partick why would they change strip when no colour clash?

On 25/12/2018 at 09:28, Flybhoy said:

FB_IMG_1545730014752.jpg

The pillars coming down in front of the enclosure wall, flat on the sides and latticed on the front/back, plus the stripy rear wall of the enclosure, all suggest Firhill. If it's not, it was built on the same model.

Alloa had a strip like that 1960-62, but with white shorts - is there any chance Thistle would've worn an away top at home due to the clash? Anyway, the badge looks wrong.