A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 10/11/2022 at 21:24, Bogbrush1903 said:

Actually, we also previously had a picture of Bernie Slaven which prompted a discussion about the possible location he was photographed at, which I think was eventually decided was Ochilview... anyway here's a different one of Albion Rovers future international star in an ape like pose...

But where is he playing and can anyone identify the opposition team and player (because I can't)?

Maybe it's Forfar Athletic?

bernies2.jpg.71adb1f81161c0f93f4591dd76acd4ed.jpg

That's my old team mate from boys club days Mark Bennett in the photo. Mark played for Forfar Athletic, as well as Montrose among others but I think this is him playing for Forfar.

30 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Partick Thistle v Aberdeen 1992

Game was postponed if I’m right in thinking 

ADB3D218-E328-444E-BBF6-D2F55A8AD2F4.jpeg

Abandoned.

If it had been postponed they'd hardly have bothered changing into their strip...

On 10/11/2022 at 21:47, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The legendary Andy Nicol, with two unknown ringers, from his testimonial in 1988.

ava.jpg

He was solid and unspectacular in his time at Meadowbank, which is me praising him as that's the sort of thing you want in a defender 

15 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That's Scottish Internationalist and ex Albion, Celtic, Hearts, St Johnstone etc John Colquhoun's dad, also John Colquhoun, number 7 for Stirling. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.d1a65a9b4e1ba55a3bab1aa3d43d8141.jpg

Yet another John Colquhoun played briefly for Stirling Albion in the early 90s, who may have been a cousin, prior to the Internationalist Colquhoun, now a football agent, returning to finish his career, this time for Albion at Forthbank, having left the club from Annfield.

EDIT to add:

oldham-athletic-johnny-colquhoun-18-14--183877-p.jpg.2aeb712d85617cc358d726bfca6362c5.jpg

Interesting times....'Rent or Hire TV' 

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Parent and Child playing together at Queen of the South this season.

Dad Willie Gibson, 38 year old player-manager, and son Lewis, aged 17, who looks a very good prospect.

Any other examples from the Scottish Leagues of a dad and son playing on the same side at the same time?

1126810627_LewisandWillieGibsonQoS.jpg.ab3c23c2b18e170b5c663cd449185d83.jpg

I'm sure Mark Yardley and his son played together for Albion Rovers or possibly AR reserves. 

15 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Parent and Child playing together at Queen of the South this season.

Dad Willie Gibson, 38 year old player-manager, and son Lewis, aged 17, who looks a very good prospect.

Any other examples from the Scottish Leagues of a dad and son playing on the same side at the same time?

1126810627_LewisandWillieGibsonQoS.jpg.ab3c23c2b18e170b5c663cd449185d83.jpg

Which one's the dad ?