A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

5 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

These must be Rangers fans in the photograph, for some reason Maurice Malpas got them for his testimonial (perhaps the main one being they brought a pile of supporters, boosting his testimonial fund).

i wouldn’t say they brought a pile of fans unless they had another section apart from behind the goals 

maybe it was mobbed but this picture was taken with 15 mins to go 🤔

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Picture appears to have been taken well before the start of the match: the crowd was around 12,000.

That's right, it's my own pic. Think the bulk of the crowd were along the side but can't remember if there was segregation.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was at that one.

Incredible to think it was 30 years ago.  All I really remember of the game is that it was entirely forgettable.

Roberto Baggio had his ribs broken late on by, I think, Maurice Malpas and he did a fair bit a whining afterwards, wheeling out stereotypes about how they had been expecting to get booted off the park by us, etc. Mamma Mia.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was at that one.

Incredible to think it was 30 years ago.  All I really remember of the game is that it was entirely forgettable.

I was there 2. My memory was Alan McLaren completely marking Baggio out the game and having an outstanding game. I was also at Brockville a few months later when Falkirk beat Hearts 6-0 and aforementioned Alan McLaren was absolutely destroyed by Big Crawford Baptie who scored 2 goals.

Aye, it’s a funny old game.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was there 2. My memory was Alan McLaren completely marking Baggio out the game and having an outstanding game. I was also at Brockville a few months later when Falkirk beat Hearts 6-0 and aforementioned Alan McLaren was absolutely destroyed by Big Crawford Baptie who scored 2 goals.

Aye, it’s a funny old game.

Mods, please.

latapy.thumb.jpg.716188eec4e1bf136f64249cb18c4984.jpg

In what was by no way a publicity stunt (:lol:) whatsoever a 40 something Russell Latapy makes his only appearance for Edinburgh City against Irvine Meadow in the Scottish Cup. 

I think he disrupted the team as City might have had a chance to beat Medda but they lost and missed out on a lucrative trip to Easter Road in the next round. 

On the other hand a load of nostalgic Hibees turned up to the game to see Latapy play leading to a 4 figure gate which put a smile on the City treasurer's coupon. 

Picture 1 of 3

Picture 2 of 3

Picture 3 of 3

Programme from the Dons v Stirling Albion match from 1959/60. Going into the match the teams were 16th and 17th in the First Division respectively, with the Dons on 9 points and Albion on 8. Arbroath were bottom with 5. The Red Lichties were to gain a point at Pittodrie the following week in a 0-0 draw.

Stirling's train broke down, and the Dons played a 5 a side game until the match eventually kicked off at 4,10pm. Aberdeen were coming into this on the back of a 5-1 defeat at Starks Park, and Albion on a 3-1 loss at Easter Road, after drawing 2-2 with Celtic the previous week at Annfield.

Stirling scored first, but the Dons went on to win 3-1.

Come the end of the season Albion finished in 17th with 22 points, the Dons scrambled to 15th on 28 points after winning their last 4 matches, including a 2-0 win at Annfield, Stirling lost their last 4 games. Their 5th last match was a 1-1 draw at Parkhead.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Picture 1 of 3

Picture 2 of 3

Picture 3 of 3

Programme from the Dons v Stirling Albion match from 1959/60. Going into the match the teams were 16th and 17th in the First Division respectively, with the Dons on 9 points and Albion on 8. Arbroath were bottom with 5. The Red Lichties were to gain a point at Pittodrie the following week in a 0-0 draw.

Stirling's train broke down, and the Dons played a 5 a side game until the match eventually kicked off at 4,10pm. Aberdeen were coming into this on the back of a 5-1 defeat at Starks Park, and Albion on a 3-1 loss at Easter Road, after drawing 2-2 with Celtic the previous week at Annfield.

Come the end of the season Albion finished in 17th with 22 points, the Dons scrambled to 15th on 28 points after winning their last 4 matches, including a 2-0 win at Annfield, Stirling lost their last 4 games. Their 5th last match was a 1-1 draw at Parkhead.

Is that the recently departed Norrie Davidson listed at No 9?

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Picture 1 of 3

Picture 2 of 3

Picture 3 of 3

I can just see you stepping out in those Heavy Derby Tweeds.

That's Scottish Internationalist and ex Albion, Celtic, Hearts, St Johnstone etc John Colquhoun's dad, also John Colquhoun, number 7 for Stirling. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.d1a65a9b4e1ba55a3bab1aa3d43d8141.jpg

Yet another John Colquhoun played briefly for Stirling Albion in the early 90s, who may have been a cousin, prior to the Internationalist Colquhoun, now a football agent, returning to finish his career, this time for Albion at Forthbank, having left the club from Annfield.

EDIT to add:

oldham-athletic-johnny-colquhoun-18-14--183877-p.jpg.2aeb712d85617cc358d726bfca6362c5.jpg

Edited by Dundee Hibernian