A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

22 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Albion Rovers 1986

F664F1ED-D982-4BA8-B8D9-046939224AA0.jpeg

Did someone else not post this picture fairly recently?

In fact, I'm pretty sure the same comments were made about it although last time someone mentioned the stand behind the team.

I know this thread attracts us 40+ but I hope we're not all going senile and posting the same pics every couple of months.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

From the 1981 album, in my 6 year old mind, I thought Greenock Morton was a very strange and exotic place, and none more strange than the Afro wearing Jim Tolmie.

A big life regret for me was that I never saw Tolmie play in the flesh unless he was in the Billy McNeil International Select that came north for John McMaster's testimonial as it was populated heavily with his own Manchester City team. However fairly certain Tolmie didn't play.

EnA1EoIW8AAhXM0.jpg.a1c6220afeb214564ab663b8bb3be7ab.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

39 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Did someone else not post this picture fairly recently?

In fact, I'm pretty sure the same comments were made about it although last time someone mentioned the stand behind the team.

I know this thread attracts us 40+ but I hope we're not all going senile and posting the same pics every couple of months.

It definitely was.

36 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It definitely was.

I thought I was having a bad case of déjà vu...so take our minds off that Albion Rovers team pic, I'll post another one of their Championship winning squad of the late 1980s

Either the suit was a giant or the team was affected by dwarfism...

In a footnote, I watched the Dons play Albion Rovers in 1989 at Fir Park and was suitably impressed enough that I sent away for their Club Shop Price List...If I remember correctly, I bought Albion Rovers home shorts and a pennant...

067_324__rovers_1426682740_standard.jpg.1b4ad83498ce44434e3442ca557e5087.jpg

Actually, we also previously had a picture of Bernie Slaven which prompted a discussion about the possible location he was photographed at, which I think was eventually decided was Ochilview... anyway here's a different one of Albion Rovers future international star in an ape like pose...

But where is he playing and can anyone identify the opposition team and player (because I can't)?

Maybe it's Forfar Athletic?

bernies2.jpg.71adb1f81161c0f93f4591dd76acd4ed.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Actually, we also previously had a picture of Bernie Slaven which prompted a discussion about the possible location he was photographed at, which I think was eventually decided was Ochilview... anyway here's a different one of Albion Rovers future international star in an ape like pose...

But where is he playing and can anyone identify the opposition team and player (because I can't)?

Forfar is a good shout, but no idea if it actually is.

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I think it looks like Mark "The Tank" Bennett, who starred for all four of the senior Angus clubs, but who gained "Legendary" status at Links Park. 

Links Park Legends - Mark Bennett

It isn't Cliftonhill? As I think that is Montrose's away strip Mark is wearing.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Definitely Cliftonhill, and I'd put money on it being the same game as this one, illustrated in the 85/86 SFL review. 

20221111_073412.jpg

Edit: 2/2/84 AR 1v4 Montrose 

Must have changed their socks at half time

On 10/11/2022 at 00:17, Dundee Hibernian said:

Falkirk in a very smart half and half kit.

1150161030_FFC62BLesThomsonJohnHunterWillieWhighamErniePeacockTommyLowryBillMcCarryFKennyCunninghamHughHamiltonBillyFultonAlexDuchartJimmyAdam.thumb.jpg.8662e68c22fd00e28097743a42243a25.jpg

Players are: back,  Les Thomson, John Hunter, Willie Whigham, Ernie Peacock, Tommy Lowry, Bill McCarry.

Front, Kenny Cunningham, Hugh Hamilton, Billy Fulton, Alex Duchart, Jimmy Adam.

Picture taken before a League Cup tie at Fir Park in 1962 (heavy defeat, which maybe explains why this jersey was hidden in a cupboard.)

Guy 2nd from right bottom row looks a bit like John Robertson