A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th, 2011 - LOSSIEMOUTH 2-0 FORMARTINE UNITED 

Colin Charlesworth celebrates his fine-ass volley that gave Lossie an early lead against Formartine United, who showed with Bobby Mann in the starting eleven and who spent the entire game loafing about the centre circle. Nikki Smith added a second in the second half to bury a Formartine side that were none too happy at losing. Still, they took it a little better than Cove the following week, who Lossie trounced 1-3 at Allan Park as the Toonsers finished with eight (count 'em!) men. 

1009201114.JPG

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th, 2010 - LOSSIEMOUTH 0-2 WHITEHILL WELFARE (SCOTTISH CUP FIRST ROUND)

Scottish Cup approaches for the small sides and in 2010 Lossie were dumped out by Whitehill Welfare at Grant Park. Andrew Kidd had Whitehill a goal up as Lossie’s dislike of the National competition continued, and while Kidd later had a penalty saved, Jordan Hall (below, topless) ended the game with a second goal in the second half. 

Full spread of photos - Click here

10D3D8C6-AC6C-4E93-BA52-EA79AAEEA6F9.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

15 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th, 2010 - LOSSIEMOUTH 0-2 WHITEHILL WELFARE (SCOTTISH CUP FIRST ROUND)

Scottish Cup approaches for the small sides and in 2010 Lossie were dumped out by Whitehill Welfare at Grant Park. Andrew Kidd had Whitehill a goal up as Lossie’s dislike of the National competition continued, and while Kidd later had a penalty saved, Jordan Hall (below, topless) ended the game with a second goal in the second half. 

Full spread of photos - Click here

10D3D8C6-AC6C-4E93-BA52-EA79AAEEA6F9.jpeg

A fine player was Kiddo. He's now Whitehill manager for his pains. 

Jordan Hall played for Edinburgh City too. His brother, John, also played for City and Welfare. File under "loonies" :lol:

John Hall knew ex South Africa international Benni McCarthy through a connection which I can't remember. I have a picture of John and Benni (sporting a diamond earring) standing on the terracing at Whitehill which is a bit surreal 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2022 at 00:26, tamthebam said:

A fine player was Kiddo. He's now Whitehill manager for his pains. 

A week's a long time in fitba eh?

Jordan Hall played for Edinburgh City too. His brother, John, also played for City and Welfare. File under "loonies" :lol:

There was a 3rd brother who was a bigger loonie (forget his name). WW played a midweek friendly down at Fisherrow against an amateur team and a full scale brawl broke out causing the game to be abandoned. The brother came on the park to join in the fun.

John Hall knew ex South Africa international Benni McCarthy through a connection which I can't remember. I have a picture of John and Benni (sporting a diamond earring) standing on the terracing at Whitehill which is a bit surreal 

I think John's wife and Benni's partner were sisters. We managed to get him to play a half in a friendly against Hamilton Accies, probably to the annoyance of manager Mickey Lawson as it upset his pre season planning. He scored with a fine header. My pic below shows him in a WW shirt with club legend Wayno.

The other player behind Kiddo in the Lossie pic is Jordan Caddow, who spent that season at WW but will be well known to @tamthebam

image.thumb.jpeg.f8ebdccdbed5ab0e8638b4d1c66fa836.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I think John's wife and Benni's partner were sisters. We managed to get him to play a half in a friendly against Hamilton Accies, probably to the annoyance of manager Mickey Lawson as it upset his pre season planning. He scored with a fine header. My pic below shows him in a WW shirt with club legend Wayno.

The other player behind Kiddo in the Lossie pic is Jordan Caddow, who spent that season at WW but will be well known to @tamthebam

image.thumb.jpeg.f8ebdccdbed5ab0e8638b4d1c66fa836.jpeg

If Caddow's chin hadn't been hidden by Kiddo I would have spotted him :lol: