A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Link to the programme from Dundee v New Zealand friendly in 1979 featuring ex United player Sandy Davie in goal for NZ. Was at the game Dundee 8 (Murphy, Shirra 2, Sinclair 2, Pirie 2 (1 pen), MacLaren) New Zealand 1 (Sumner) Att: 2,133 

https://issuu.com/friendsoffootballnz/docs/nz_v_dundee_fc_29_october_1979

21 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Stewart Kennedy in goal for Stenhousemuir in the early 70's. To the left of the photo is the end of the supporter's hut which housed a pie stall.  The stand, which is long demolished was apparently known as the " Doll's House" although I don't recall the locals using that term

image.png

The hut also had a fantastic range of club merchandise, including the magnificent Warriors Gnomes.

On 08/09/2021 at 10:40, Hard Graft said:

Stewart Kennedy in goal for Stenhousemuir in the early 70's. To the left of the photo is the end of the supporter's hut which housed a pie stall.  The stand, which is long demolished was apparently known as the " Doll's House" although I don't recall the locals using that term

image.png

Spotted that on a Facebook page earlier in the week, similar words too: are you the person who does that page?

4 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

No - wife had sent me the picture and comments and I altered them slightly.

The floodlight on the right side of the picture: that would be one of the lights used in 1951 for the first modern day floodlit senior football game in Scottish football, Stenhousemuir v Hibs.

353996766_1970Ochilviewlight.thumb.png.9f1332ffb881402b933ec46f0ca35a37.png

And the maroon box beside the stand tunnel housed a tannoy system, whereby the announcer couldn't actually see the game, as there were no windows. Meanwhile at each end of the stand, below the landings for the stand stairs, were press boxes, which doubled as ticket booths for the stand itself. The structure was never called the Doll's House.

6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Davie Thompson, Stirling Albion v Selkirk in 1984.

A quick and correct answer. I saw him come to Airdrie from Aberdeen as a youngster . I am pretty sure he was unfortunate to be subbed as a sub in one of his games for us, and he did much better with Stirling Albion.