A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

As an aside, Rugby park is a massively under rated ground. If that was in say Stirling or Falkirk, it would be used pretty much every year for semi finals.

If Killie had only been able to go the full length down the side, surely would have been 20k? Even now, I think you could build a decent chunk of uncovered rail seating at the end of the stand which would be cracking, although completely unnecessary. 

Be ambitious IMO:

84aa3791-6a02-4765-87ff-9f52aa2bfeca

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

As an aside, Rugby park is a massively under rated ground. If that was in say Stirling or Falkirk, it would be used pretty much every year for semi finals.

If Killie had only been able to go the full length down the side, surely would have been 20k?

I like visiting Kilmarnock, but the away stand, and I assume others, are almost as uncomfortable as Tannadice's Jerry Kerr Stand. As I recall the seats were designed to have slightly curved backs, which allowed more seats into the new structures. Even a wee lad like me finds the seating uncomfortable, but the views from the Chadwick Stands are good. In more modern times I aim for the Frank Beattie Stand if possible, much more space.

On 28/07/2021 at 05:20, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd never been a fan of Aitken, but he'd done very well since joining Newscastle during the previous season.  He was as worth a place as he'd been before leaving Celtic.

Actually, having looked into it a bit, and you're right. Celtic selling Aitken was one of the biggest mistakes they made around that time. 

His last game for Celtic was against St Mirren on January 6th, 1990. Over the rest of the season, Celtic won one league game. One. 

For the first year after Aitken left, Celtic won 7 league matches in total. They collapsed. In the 89/90 season, only Dundee (who were relegated) won less matches than Celtic. 

Amazing stuff. 

5 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

"Right, we're all set up for the Subbuteo match then, I'm Rangers and you two young guns can be Hibs"

hhibs2.jpg.69763b2cd7a3c7f756ad3ccdaabb7e23.jpg

sub.jpg.25fc532225d64a46f5cb03186cd2baa1.jpg

Hibs player missing there.

Probably Gogic still floating in the air after trying to block Wotherspoons cross in the cup final! 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

A young, clean shaven Willie Miller in an unusual blue Aberdeen away kit challenging Hearts striker Drew Busby in the mid 1970's.

IMG_20210729_103935.jpg

Did Aberdeen have blue/navy away kits in the 80’s/90’s?? Getting an image of one in the Eoin Jess era, navy and gold I’m thinking…? 🤔 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’re right. At the time I was young and naive, and because Charlie Cooke played for them. I had a real soft spot for Chelsea.

A favourite of mine as well, especially in these shades of blue.

image.jpeg.2febdc2a89cd2a0c5bbf372797aaae90.jpeg

image.jpeg.2f6b4df4a4ee9442d9141a82997378f0.jpeg

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You’re right. At the time I was young and naive, and because Charlie Cooke played for them. I had a real soft spot for Chelsea.

Some player.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

has there been a substitution after the original failed a late fitness test?

"Late fitness test". Metaphor for someone's sister standing on him, dog eating him, or using their thumb and him disappearing under the sofa?

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did the Hibs team really have a goalkeeper wearing green, or has there been a substitution after the original failed a late fitness test?

Not sure if the original keeper was sat on or not, but here's another from around the same era with the keeper in red.

Who's the Hibs player on the box again? I recognise his face but can't remember the name

vintage-hibernian.jpg.b458c480ee999fc6cf9f636c062f5e4d.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903