A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

11 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

From what I can remember John McNiven never got his shirt dirty!

Yeah I can remember the SRE being a bit hostile to the green and white hoops and Irish tricolour being amongst us! Did the other derby finish 0-0?

It did. Three league derbies in 84-85, and only one goal scored. Even that was in the last minute, scored by the aforementioned John McNiven.

Was there not a recent season where all four matches between Clyde and Airdrie, those two masters of skill and daring on a football field, finished 0-0?
My God, that would finish anyone off.

Happened with us and Clyde in 04/05, Reidball met Gus MacPherson. I was at all four of them and I remember there hardly being a single chance. Two of them were within four days of each other aswell.
IMG_5988.jpg

On 11/06/2021 at 14:50, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was there not a recent season where all four matches between Clyde and Airdrie, those two masters of skill and daring on a football field, finished 0-0?

My God, that would finish anyone off.

It was certainly not this shortened season when so many were scored by the Diamonds over the Bully Wee. ( 8 I think)-it was either skill and daring or a poor Clyde defence, and a windy Broadwood. I can't remember a season of 4 0-0 games but some research might reveal it. 

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It was certainly not this shortened season when so many were scored by the Diamonds over the Bully Wee. ( 8 I think)-it was either skill and daring or a poor Clyde defence, and a windy Broadwood. I can't remember a season of 4 0-0 games but some research might reveal it. 

Poor memory of recent events -we scored 9 but lost 2. 

6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Already answered above.

It was St Mirren and Clyde.

On 08/06/2021 at 13:11, tamthebam said:

vic-kasule-scotland-s-for-me_orig.thumb.jpg.6dbb29bc196e69c15d2ee0b7bd046b36.jpg

Victor Kasule in his Meadowbank days. 

Great player in a great strip. 

Mark Walters has been featured in the media talking of his experiences of racism when he signed for Rangers. As far as I know no-one has ever asked King Vic what his experiences were. Probably because the lazy football journalists have never heard of Vic. 

Some former Meadowbank fans met him at a BSC v Edinburgh City game a few years ago, he was coaching some BSC youth team. Good guy.

I was at a Rovers game a few seasons ago and Vic was there at half time with so many well-wishers , including this Diamond. Interesting to see the old language on "coloured" player in the news report,

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Already answered above.

It was St Mirren and Clyde.

I had not reached that point when I saw the first post so thanks for updating me. I once saw an Airdrie Clyde game at Broomfield where Clyde led by 4 at half time but it ended 4-4 -great days. Looking forward to our games this season, indeed any live game i can go to. Best wishes. 

55 minutes ago, thisal said:

View of Hampden from above what would become Lesser Hampden showing farm building that is still there and will be incorporated into future plans.

Lesser Hampden.jpg

1_Lesser_Hampden_-_geograph-1920423.jpg

lesser Hampden2.jpg

These are great pictures. I never knew an old farmstead is part of the ground. Check the straw roofed house and haywain on the right on the first snap!😄

What will the new stand look like?

Most of our stadiums were built on Victorian equivalent of edge-of-town/ring road/industrial estate/etc.

E317wI9XIAQBPWM.jpg

8 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

What will the new stand look like?

Original:

457936728_dbc6de6c7c_b.jpg

Truncated:

1_Lesser_Hampden_-_geograph-1920423.jpg

Current:

DSC_0108.jpg

Future:

Lesser%20Hampden%20Stadium%20Development

Opposite:

10700665.png?type=article-full

46 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

1024?resizeSmaller=0

1908_Scot_v_Eng2.jpg

Pavilions seemed to be commonly included in the structures of grounds at the outset of the modern era sport.

This one was at the original Hampden Park: 

1878-79.thumb.jpg.8706cf6f48863f1ed4381cb1aca7737f.jpg

These two were at Celtic Park and Ibrox:

838257529_CelticParkpavilionearly1900s.jpg.5afc3fac8f00fa93eff1a9dbc782a2af.jpg

1855214673_Ibroxpavilion2.jpg.85a77ee8570638420a27d0915efcbf2d.jpg

That second picture showing Hampden, above, from the 1908 Scotland v England match, is that lad using a boomerang or a running blade to get a better view? And why is the other boy holding an anemometer? 

1491133555_anemometerandrunningblade.jpg.f2a8a9e0fcfa91d680cd01f6e344096b.jpg

And finally.........................

did I just imagine that Queen's Park's new Lesser Hampden will have standing areas?

On 17/06/2021 at 11:01, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Lesser Hampden on Monday.

Wee bit work still to do to make the new stand habitable.
IMG_20210614_113341.jpeg

You know the difference between habitable and liveable?

Habitable is capable of being occupied and

liveable  is where scousers live..