A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 11/05/2021 at 15:29, Bogbrush1903 said:

Back row Donnachie, Parlane, Hay, Holton?, Forsyth, Fat Bob from River City, Jardine

Middle Row Ormond, don't know, King Kenny, McGrain, Thomson Allan?, the Girvan shitehouse, Ally Hunter?, Stanton, Eddie Gray, Dr Hugh Allan ?

Front Row (big struggles) Morgan, not sure, Dod Graham, young Hartford, Bremner, Luigi Macari?, Pettigrew ? probably not actually, Erich Schaedler

This was two years before I was born so I'm probably not the ideal man for this task though..

I thought second from right looked like John Duncan (Dundee)

2 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Aye, you're right, I was wrong with Eddie Gray...This would be the same John Duncan who's spectacles fell off in a rather amusing manner during an FA Cup semi-final in the 1990s between Middlesbrough and Chesterfield after the underdogs that he was managing scored...

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Hamilton Accies, 1972.

2047691233_HamiltonAccies1972.jpg.7a8646a0ca8bc8c4e406879b55f2bdf0.jpg

Very classy strip, although I don't know what the colours were in b&w it's reminiscent of a Crystal Palace away kit. More of this sort of thing please.

52 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I had forgotten that he had been called up but never got a cap. A real shame as he was a terrific goal scorer as well as a good target man. He scored twice against the English League around then at Hampden and it looked like his international career would take off but it never did. 

Signed for Spurs for £140,000 a week after they had a £70,000 bid for Andy Gray turned down. Always thought he was the better player of the two

12 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Very classy strip, although I don't know what the colours were in b&w it's reminiscent of a Crystal Palace away kit. More of this sort of thing please.

That was the Palace home kit, was it not?

Terry Venables, Vince Hilaire etc.

It pre-dates the Palace kit by 4 years.   Man City had a change kit in 1972 that was white with a red & black particoloured sash, and numbers on the sleeves à la Melchester Rovers.  That kit had the red above the black though, if the Hamilton kit was the same colour, they seem to be reversed.  Those sashes had a brief fashion around then; Rochdale had one in blue and yellow, and Halifax in blue and orange.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
10 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Hamilton Accies, 1972.
2047691233_HamiltonAccies1972.jpg.7a8646a0ca8bc8c4e406879b55f2bdf0.jpg

Lawless is a fairly unusual name. Any relation to Steven ( who I believe is a Hamilton lad)?

Andy Lawless is the Accies player here, but I don't know of any connection to Steven. We could ask Michael Caine, who is seated at Andy's left in the picture.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

4 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Andy Lawless is the Accies player here, but I don't know of any connection to Steven. We could ask Michael Caine, who is seated at Andy's left in the picture.

0225.jpg.337121d9065ade04404d94be5e3c9ec9.jpg

"Up yours Motherwell!" 

Although this is a moving picture and Australian it’s about Scots and football in Australia. Includes a mention of Ayr United and words from Fergie, former Albion Rover Tom Sermanni, Lawrie McKinna ex Darvel and Killie. 

20 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Although this is a moving picture and Australian it’s about Scots and football in Australia. Includes a mention of Ayr United and words from Fergie, former Albion Rover Tom Sermanni, Lawrie McKinna ex Darvel and Killie. 

Must have stolen that Wembley sign in 1977...

4 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

3 Partick Thistle managers at front. Anyone know what ground this is? From1968.

FB_IMG_1620974115909.thumb.jpg.3da877c3c9b084b9eaf49247de098434.jpg

Possibly Dens Park but I'm sure someone will work it out. On the right of the terrace Sunny Jim has escaped from the Vital Spark I notice. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Possibly Dens Park but I'm sure someone will work it out. On the right of the terrace Sunny Jim has escaped from the Vital Spark I notice. 

It's not Dens, maybe Brockville.

The woman on the left is actually not from THe Chase and apparently used to go to all games home and away and used to stand in a similar location whatever ground she visited.