A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

When they took over Shire and moved them to Clydebank didn't the Steedman brothers move the floodlights from Firs Park to Kilbowie too? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Would the set in the picture be the lights that were moved?

(Note: ES Clydebank only lasted a season. After a court case Shire went back to Firs Park and Clydebank eventually took Third Lanark's place in the League)

I think they are the lights. Simon Inglis' "The Football Grounds of Great Britain" mentions the flit to Clydebank, I'm sure. Will have to look it out.

10 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Simon Inglis' "The Football Grounds of Great Britain"

I have that book too, purchased in the 1980s before the new builds started polluting its pages... I think Archibald Leitch's gable end is mentioned on nearly every page. 

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I have that book too, purchased in the 1980s before the new builds started polluting its pages... I think Archibald Leitch's gable end is mentioned on nearly every page. 

See the source image

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

Scotsman obituary for John Sludden today. As I said on the Ayr thread, part of the Ayr team that made the school week bearable.

I think the picture is taken at the first league game on plastic in Scotland. 

IMG-20210508-WA0000.jpg

Sad news of his death.  Gone far too young 

Did a great job for both us and yourselves.  

Played a big part in our promotion team 1990 alongside the Carpetfiter.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Which one's Morris?

Is that not Easter Road?

Do keep up...

On 07/05/2021 at 15:16, Drewmc said:

I think that is at Easter Road.....the old terracing opposite the main stand in the background. Possibly April 1973 when Celtic won 3 0 to clinch the league. Dixie Deans scored 2 that day.

On 07/05/2021 at 16:59, Drew Brees said:

😂

it was indeed Easter Road on title day, Deans 2 and Dalglish with the other one. 

(this post was posted @ 16:58 on 7/5/21 from my couch in my living room). 

10 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

At Easter Road !

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Sorry Granda, just trying to be clever.

Clearly backfired. Doh.

If you had stopped at "Which one's Morris?" you might have got away with it...

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Any P&B buffs able to provide names fo the full 22 pictured here, perhaps one or two of our more seasoned contributors? emoji847.png

Back row Donnachie, Parlane, Hay, Holton?, Forsyth, Fat Bob from River City, Jardine

Middle Row Ormond, don't know, King Kenny, McGrain, Thomson Allan?, the Girvan shitehouse, Ally Hunter?, Stanton, Eddie Gray, Dr Hugh Allan ?

Front Row (big struggles) Morgan, not sure, Dod Graham, young Hartford, Bremner, Luigi Macari?, Pettigrew ? probably not actually, Erich Schaedler

This was two years before I was born so I'm probably not the ideal man for this task though..

Edited by Bogbrush1903

38 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Back row Donnachie, Parlane, Hay, Holton?, Forsyth, Fat Bob from River City, Jardine

Middle Row Ormond, don't know, King Kenny, McGrain, Thomson Allan?, the Girvan shitehouse, Ally Hunter?, Stanton, Eddie Gray, Dr Hugh Allan ?

Front Row (big struggles) Morgan, not sure, Dod Graham, young Hartford, Bremner, Luigi Macari?, Pettigrew ? probably not actually, Erich Schaedler

This was two years before I was born so I'm probably not the ideal man for this task though..

Back row - Definitely Holton and Fat Bob is DJ

Middle Row - definitely Ally Hunter and Hugh Allan

Bottom row - 2nd in I think is Colin Stein

Struggling with 2nd from the right - possibly Eddie Colquhoun, although I doubt it

15 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Back row - Definitely Holton and Fat Bob is DJ

Middle Row - definitely Ally Hunter and Hugh Allan

Bottom row - 2nd in I think is Colin Stein

Struggling with 2nd from the right - possibly Eddie Colquhoun, although I doubt it

E90F0A2C-8B7F-4B01-9F99-CBD344C50C08.jpeg

54 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Didn't recognise the Ayr United player - wasn't deliberate 😁😁

Would never have got him as I didn't realise he'd been in a Scotland squad at that time.

Sure he was capped while at Ayr yet never capped again after his move to Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Sure he was capped while at Ayr yet never capped again after his move to Celtic. 

You are correct - It's usually the other way round. 😀😀 

While playing for Ayr United, he made his only appearance for the Scottish National Team on 17 December 1975 in a 1–1 draw with Romania - He even managed to get booked.  He was the first serving member of the Honest Men to play for Scotland since  Bob Hepburn in 1932; none have done so since.