A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I remember the game well for all the wrong reasons. Saints were absolutely magnificent and destroyed Dundee who finished 3rd that season after being relegated for the first time in my lifetime the season before. The start of the decline that we've never recovered from

Likely the best 90 mins performance i have ever seen from the saints. 

After 45 years, i can still remember part of the night in the ground and in Perth later  :cheers

On 27/03/2021 at 23:32, Flybhoy said:

That was a decent gesture by Celtic especially given the fact St Mirren beat us in the semi final of that years league Cup. 

I personally think it was purely because they beat Hearts in the final, a particularly horrible club supported by equally horrible people... I was genuinely delighted when St Mirren won that final. 

20200805_233000.jpg

Bobby Reid, John Mowat and Peter Leonard are the missing trio.
ETA...also Lex Richardson missing. 
John Young also missing!
Jackie Copland and Donnie McDowell are in the photo but weren't in the 13 man squad [emoji846]

On 30/03/2021 at 16:34, LongTimeLurker said:

Dundee United's success in the late 1970s and through the 1980s is probably the main factor and what it did to Dundee's fanbase among the younger generation. Clyde arguably did worse out of reconstruction though:

1280px-ClydeFC_League_Performance.svg.pn

I can see Clyde's grim history and I would add in us, in that we have now spent more seasons in Tier 3 without escaping than any other club. (10 seasons) We have avoided the drop to Tier 4 so far but I am still nervous this season!  It's all down to money largely.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Might be of interest to some folk, maybe not. I was 5 months old.

The season after we were relegated. We then went on to spend money on improving Love St.

Falkirk went on to spend money on Derek Ferguson and Mo Johnston and cried when their midden was deemed unacceptable.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The season after we were relegated. We then went on to spend money on improving Love St.

Falkirk went on to spend money on Derek Ferguson and Mo Johnston and cried when their midden was deemed unacceptable.

They still are.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Might be of interest to some folk, maybe not. I was 5 months old.

Does anyone know why Hearts were going to have to cope without John Robertson in 1992?  Where was he meant to be going?

I liked the bit in the Rangers section that said "They've taken the title for the past four seasons and it's hard to see anyone ending that sequence.  As always, Celtic will provide the toughest challenge".  The "as always" part couldn't have been based on much evidence at the time. It wasn't until the second last of Rangers' nine in a row titles, that Celtic managed to finish 2nd.